Doctor Who

His face seems really long in that picture. Coupled with his expression and hand gesturing and it's a little disconcerting. An older doctor should make for an interesting experiment for the new generation of viewers.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

BfAZ7I9CUAA_8ba.jpg

Not bad, minus the coat it's pretty much regular clothes. As long as the JNT days of costumes never returns I'll be happy.

The coat does remind me of Pertwee's, just needs a frilly shirt to complete the ensemble.

Attachments

• peter-capaldi-doctor-who-costume-bbc.jpg
    peter-capaldi-doctor-who-costume-bbc.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 118
Peter Capaldi is pretty popular in the UK and that is where the ratings matter. I imagine he will go at least 2 maybe 3 or 4 series. I thought filming would be tough on him if The Musketeers was popular which it has been so far in it's first 2 airings on BBC, but it looks like they are going to recast Cardinal Richelieu or write him out if a 2nd series is ordered. Doctor Who of course takes precedence at the BBC so they've said Capaldi is unavailable to return to The Musketeers.

'Doctor Who' Recruits 'Gavin & Stacey' Alum in Recurring Role

The History Boys and Gavin & Stacey alum Samuel Anderson is joining the British drama in a recurring role, it was announced Monday.
Co-starring opposite the new Time Lord Peter Capaldi and companion Jenna Coleman, Anderson will play Danny Pink, a teacher at Coal Hill School where Clara (Coleman) also teaches.

hollywoodreporter.com

The History Boys and Gavin & Stacey alum Samuel Anderson is joining the British drama in a recurring role, it was announced Monday.
Co-starring opposite the new Time Lord Peter Capaldi and companion Jenna Coleman, Anderson will play Danny Pink, a teacher at Coal Hill School where Clara (Coleman) also teaches.
hmm... the Doctor traveling with 2 teachers from the Coal Hill School... back to the basics :)

just one thing missing... :D

This is video of them filming on set and Capaldi apparently using sonic screw driver

Doctor Who 8.3 'Robots of Sherwood' filming - Bute Street

Last edited by a moderator:
Other than the annoying flirting with young companions, has his age really influenced any of the stories of the previous 3 Doctors?

I don't know if I will continue watching this show if they go older with the doc. I liked the youthful doctors like David Tennant and the last doc Matt Smith. They give the show a energetic focus and sometimes you can even sense a romantic feel like the Doctor who was involved with Rose Tyler. I doubt there will be any romance with this older doctor.

I don't know if I will continue watching this show if they go older with the doc. I liked the youthful doctors like David Tennant and the last doc Matt Smith. They give the show a energetic focus and sometimes you can even sense a romantic feel like the Doctor who was involved with Rose Tyler. I doubt there will be any romance with this older doctor.
I don't know about that. Out of the original set, Jon Pertwee was always the most energetic and active of them all, and he was nowhere near the youngest. It all depends on the actor.

As for Rose, ugh... she hung around way too long. She was okay with Eccelstion, but with Tennant the love sick puppy routine got old very fast, and they continued the same thing with Martha. The best companion Tennant had was Donna. The interaction between them was great. Getting rid of the romance and just letting them be good friends reenergized the show. Reminded me a lot of Trouton & Jamie and Tom Baker & Romana, where they just clicked.

I don't know about that. Out of the original set, Jon Pertwee was always the most energetic and active of them all, and he was nowhere near the youngest. It all depends on the actor.

As for Rose, ugh... she hung around way too long. She was okay with Eccelstion, but with Tennant the love sick puppy routine got old very fast, and they continued the same thing with Martha. The best companion Tennant had was Donna. The interaction between them was great. Getting rid of the romance and just letting them be good friends reenergized the show. Reminded me a lot of Trouton & Jamie and Tom Baker & Romana, where they just clicked.

Well I guess we will have to see if he works. I'll give him one show ,and if he doesn't grab me , then I'm out. I went for years never watching this show before the last decade , I can continue on without it.

Wow 1 show, and people think the networks are fickle. :rolleyes:

If the stories and acting are good, the age shouldn't matter. The show was successful with middle age leads for decades before the revival.

Wow 1 show, and people think the networks are fickle. :rolleyes:

If the stories and acting are good, the age shouldn't matter. The show was successful with middle age leads for decades before the revival.

Successful on the BBC. They had to glam it up for the US market...

Successful on the BBC. They had to glam it up for the US market...
It didn't really hit the US market until Matt Smith's tenure, when BBC took the US rights back in house for use on BBC-A. Prior to that it was Scifi, which didn't even show the first series until a year after it has already been shown in Britain, and the other series were similarly delayed.

So the glam was years before we were even on the radar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)