Doctor Who

The classic series ran a year or more behind in the US, as did the revival as stated until BBC took it back in house for distribution on BBCA
The only exception was we got the 25th anniversary show (The Five Doctors) two days before it showed in Britain.

It showed in the US on the actual anniversary (a Thursday). GPT "coincidentally" had a telethon that night. Forgot why it got delayed in the UK. Probably just wanted to show it on a Saturday night for better ratings.

Last edited:
BBC's 'Doctor Who' Taps U.K. Singer Foxes for Appearance

LONDON – ?Young British singer-songwriter Foxes will perform a song and guest star in an episode of the new season of BBC sci-fi hit Doctor Who, the U.K. public broadcaster said Thursday.

In Britain, the 25-year-old singer, whose real name is Louisa Rose Allen, is known for her vocals on Zedd's "Clarity" and several solo singles, including "Let Go For Tonight" and "Holding Onto Heaven." "Clarity" won Zedd and Foxes the Grammy for best dance recording this year, beating out such competition as Calvin Harris, Armin Van Buuren and Kaskade.
It was also recently announced that Foxes would serve as support act for Pharrell Williams on his upcoming U.K. tour dates.

Steven Moffat, lead writer and executive producer of Doctor Who, said: "We are completely thrilled that the amazingly talented Foxes is joining us on board...well, you'll see."
Hinting at her role, he said: "Let's just say, the Doctor is finally catching up on his phone calls."?
Foxes' recent album Glorious, which debuted in the top 5 of Britain's official album charts, follows several singles releases. She previously also appeared on Fall Out Boy's "Just One Yesterday" and Rudimental's "Right Here."

For Complete Story visit,
hollywoodreporter.com

Steven Moffat, lead writer and executive producer of Doctor Who, said: "We are completely thrilled that the amazingly talented Foxes is joining us on board...well, you'll see."

They are always going to be thrilled at how talented the actor is until they replace them... How many seasons will this one last?

Reactions: dfergie
Well looks like the rumors of the first episode making it online along with the scripts for the first 5 episodes are true. I see a black and white workprint copy of the first episode making its way around the internet tonight.

Will be hard to avoid rumors for sure now.

hmm...debating looking at the scripts, but probably won't as I'd rather watch than read a script.
As for watching a leaked copy (workprint or not), if I come across it, I probably will watch. Watching Rose & Name of the Doctor early didn't stop my enjoyment of them.

As for spoilers, yeah, we'll get flooded with them. But since I haven't been actively looking for them, shouldn't be hard to avoid. Contrary to many fans beliefs, Doctor Who is not quite mainstream here yet.

I'll pass and catch up on Netflix when it hits. I downgraded to top 120 without the rsn to save that extra money and I am not a fan of this old version of the doctor. The only reason I started watching this show again ,was when they had the younger guys playing the doc , especially David Tenant. I liked him the best so far.

hmm...debating looking at the scripts, but probably won't as I'd rather watch than read a script.
As for watching a leaked copy (workprint or not), if I come across it, I probably will watch. Watching Rose & Name of the Doctor early didn't stop my enjoyment of them.

As for spoilers, yeah, we'll get flooded with them. But since I haven't been actively looking for them, shouldn't be hard to avoid. Contrary to many fans beliefs, Doctor Who is not quite mainstream here yet.

I gave in and watched it, I enjoyed it and the black and white kinda of gave it an old time feel that really went well that particular episode

LONDON – The prospect of Peter Jackson directing an episode of Doctor Who is looking more promising, according to the BBC sci-fi series’ executive producer Steven Moffat.

In an interview with SFX, Moffat confirmed that he had discussed the possibility with Jackson and that the only real issue was finding time in the director’s schedule.

“I think it will happen at some point,” he said. “He’s still incredibly busy on The Hobbit. I’ve spoken to him face to face, and he would like to do one. I mean, he can do what the hell he likes – he owns New Zealand!”

Moffat also added that Jackson had accepted that there was “no money” in it. “He’s a nice guy, he quite often drops me a line after a show goes out. He’s into it – it’s just ‘Can you make it work?’”

There has been talk of Jackson – a well-known and die-hard Doctor Who fan – helming an episode of the BBC’s long running sci-fi favorite for some time. Last year, Moffat said that Jackson would be willing to take one of Doctor Who’s arch-nemeses as payment.

hollywoodreporter.com

Here is a rumor I wasn't expecting.

'Doctor Who' companion Jenna-Louise Coleman leaving the show at Christmas?

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/doctor_who_companion_jenna-louise_coleman_leaving_at_christmas-2014-08

newspaper reports that a source tells them Coleman is leaving her role as Clara Oswald, companion to the Doctor, in the 2014 Christmas special episode.
not surprised. Saw the rough cut of the first series 8 episode and she doesn't really mesh with the new Doctor.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts