Does anyone know if AT&T U-Verse will be offered in more areas when merger is done with DirecTV?

JUCJ85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
NY
Basically I have Time Warner for my Internet and DirecTV for my TV, I have AT&T for Cell Phone coverage. Does anyone know, or think they would be offered by next year in more areas since the merger with DirecTV is pretty much done now that DTV has the NFL ST Rights?

And how is U-Verse internet? Price wise? And reliability?

I think they already pretty much stopped the roll out, well before the D* bit. Just filling existing commitments.

I know that they are still doing fiber in my county, with internet being offered last year, and tv supposedly coming soon.

Now whether this is the work based on existing commitment, I do not know.

On the other side, C Spire is also putting down their own fiber network at the same time with a Gigabit internet and TV fiber service in the works. That is the one I am most interested in.

And how is U-Verse internet? Price wise? And reliability?

Price is competitive with our other local options. Reliability....its ok. It was rock solid at first, but about three months ago (when they started doing all the newer fiber) we started having minor outages.

That is probably related to new construction rather than any problems in the tech itself.

As for U-Verse being rolled out in areas due to the D* deal ... they don't have anything to do with one another.

Does ATT has plans to expand to other areas, sure, will they ever cover all areas, no.

I think the D* deal was to fill in where U Verse is not available.

That said, U verse will continue to roll out where they have planned, they are not scrapping the whole system.

No. But it doubt they plan to expand as fast as they originally planned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)