does HWS H264 have a bug with watching a recording in progress?

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
Wednesday night I was watching the hockey game on TNT. I started the recording from the beginning about an hour after it began, forwarding all the commercials and the first intermission. About two minutes into the second period, the screen suddenly froze, and "Live TV" flashed a couple of times in the corner even though I was NOT caught up! At this point I could rewind the recording, but I couldn't forward or skip past the point where it stopped. All I could think to do was stop the recording and watch live, having missed most of the second period at that point.

Then last night, I had the same thing happen during Battlebots. It froze between the 5th and 6th matches, "Live TV" flashed, etc. This time, after stopping the recording and finishing the show, it occurred to me to try to play the recording, and it WOULD play through the spot where it had frozen live! So I'm thinking this is NOT a hard drive error or something of that nature (plus we've had no problems watching any OTHER recordings NOT in progress), but a bug.