Don't know what to do?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pbure0110

Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
1st off sorry for the long post and for venting so much I'm just frustrated with what I'm about to say. But this is the deal me and my family have had Directv since basically the begging of Directv in the 90's and have never had another provider for satellite/cable. Also, we use NFL Sunday Ticket religiously and have had it since the 1st session Directv offered it. So since we 1st had Directv in the 90's we moved around a few times and was always able to get Directv no problem either because of a good line of site or because of a multi dwelling unit. So now we moved and before we moved were told by the realtor of the 2 buildings and she happens to live in one of the buildings that we were able to get a line of site and even seen dishes my self as well. So now we moved in about a month ago and since then we had 4 different people 3 from Mastac and 1 from a 3rd party company that Mastec sent out to look for a line of site/set up a move and they all did not do a thing because they clam we don't have a line of site, witch is true because we are as east as can be on the ocean with full ocean view of the Atlantic Ocean and the sat in the sky is being blocked by the master bedroom door to the balcony.

Now Directv offers a way to watch all of Sunday Ticket on a Apple device online or a video game console(link to official site at the bottom) with out having a Directv account and I have booth a Macbook Pro and a Playstation 4, because unfortunately after so many years with them I had to close my account because of no line of site. But I don't qualify to get this because they are slowly rolling it out to make sure they have no server issues overall and any one in FL can't get it at all right now. Then on top of all of that my building just finished a 10 year contract with sh!tty Comcast and is currently now taking bids for booth of the buildings, so I proposed to the building and the board of the building to get a multi dwelling unit and that I was even willing to put $3,000 upfront to help the building pay for the multi dwelling unit. They took about a week and a half and came with an answer of no we can't have anything on the roof because the wind and because of the way it's going to be mounted onto the concrete roof witch by the way is a all flat roof. Then I got in contact with Directv's corporate office and asked them if there is some one who can come out for bids, to explain to them that it can be done, and to put there minds at ease about it and they could not give me a real answer. It's just my luck because it seems like every way possible to get Directv service as a hole or to even just get Online only Sunday ticket fails for one reason or another, and I'm pissed because in my opinion I hate all other company's out there! So with all this being said what Should I do?https://nflst.directv.com/DTVAPP/nflws/index.jsp

Last edited:
They said nothing on the roof ... what about a pole mount ... this would allow a better chance of LOS as well.

Do you have any photos so we can see what your up against ?
You said you have seen dishes in the area. ... being on the east coast makes it a bit more difficult, but we have plenty of members here that are on the east coast.

That offer is only available in New York, Philadelphia and San Francisco. All other cities and towns are not eligible. Where do you live?

They said nothing on the roof ... what about a pole mount ... this would allow a better chance of LOS as well.

Do you have any photos so we can see what your up against ?
You said you have seen dishes in the area. ... being on the east coast makes it a bit more difficult, but we have plenty of members here that are on the east coast.
Hey thanks for your advice, but first off using a poll or a tripod in my state Florida is illegal for about 7 years now, and even though it's illegal that's the only way the building will let us place it on our balcony's. But as far as the roof goes they will not allow anything anyway placed on the roof including poles or tripods witch sucks. Also, when I'm talking about being east I'm talking about being right on the beach with a full ocean view of the Atlantic Ocean.

That offer is only available in New York, Philadelphia and San Francisco. All other cities and towns are not eligible. Where do you live?
As you already know I said that, DirecTV told me they only did it in those markets to test the servers overall and they're going to open it I guess market by market how they see fit. The whole situation with this is part of my bad luck which I mention in the original post with not being able to get Directv or their services now, which totally sucks!

$3,000 for a MDU - is that including wiring to each dwelling? It cost us a couple of weeks ago < $500 to get installed and that included running the wiring down to the electrical room where all the cable wiring is terminated. Your building must be very large or are you talking about multiple buildings and multiple dishes

Perhaps you can use an address (apartment) that it is compatible with. Would DTV even have anyway of knowing if you actually live there since its a streaming account only? I used to live in a different state 3 years ago in an apt, i just checked that address and it was eligible, but my current address is not. Just an idea

Hey thanks for your advice, but first off using a poll or a tripod in my state Florida is illegal for about 7 years now, and even though it's illegal that's the only way the building will let us place it on our balcony's. But as far as the roof goes they will not allow anything anyway placed on the roof including poles or tripods witch sucks. Also, when I'm talking about being east I'm talking about being right on the beach with a full ocean view of the Atlantic Ocean.
Pole mounts are "illegal" in Florida ?

I have NEVER heard of such a thing ....

Installers in Florida, is this correct ?
If so, Why is that ?

Reactions: Broe67
I was about to post about that, too Jimbo. I think he is referring to a tripod mount that isn't properly secured. I don't see how a pole mount could be legislated against.

I've seen plenty of tripods mounts on roofs where trees are blocking the los. That's with a Phase III dish, not a Slimline. I've also seen a Slimline on a tripod on a porch with plywood as a base, held down by cinder blocks.

Why don't you just have an account setup with the lowest possible programming and add Sunday ticket max? Tell the installer the situation and go from there. Once you're account is active, Sunday ticket max added, you can stream it to your devices? I know it's not logical in any means but no LOS is not going to change unless you move to a different apartment on the property. As for the pole mount goes, I myself have never heard of such a thing. Have we already tried an eave mount? It don't actually attach to the roof, just the eave of the building.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I've seen plenty of tripods mounts on roofs where trees are blocking the los. That's with a Phase III dish, not a Slimline. I've also seen a Slimline on a tripod on a porch with plywood as a base, held down by cinder blocks.
I could see the one on the porch, a tripod on a roof is ridiculous.

google fcc otard rules

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/over-air-reception-devices-rule

print a copy of that and give it to the property manger they cannot prevent you from using a temp mount on your patio or deck or what ever is considered your "personnel space".
I already said they allow it for the balconies and stuff, but they won't allow it just for the roof of the building because they claim that putting it on the roof will damage the roof no matter how it's placed or mounted including with a pole or tripod. they also claim they can't put it on the roof because something to do wit the wind, but the roof of the building is completely flat so I don't see the problem.

Pole mounts are "illegal" in Florida ?

I have NEVER heard of such a thing ....

Installers in Florida, is this correct ?
If so, Why is that ?
I never said that u said such a thing, I'm just letting you know that it is illegal by state law in my state and that DirecTV on the phone and in person including senior reps told me so I did research to confirm it.

$3,000 for a MDU - is that including wiring to each dwelling? It cost us a couple of weeks ago < $500 to get installed and that included running the wiring down to the electrical room where all the cable wiring is terminated. Your building must be very large or are you talking about multiple buildings and multiple dishes
Are place consist of two buildings 16 floors each. Also, as of yesterday I got in contact with Access Media 3 on the phone which is the people that do the multi dwelling unit in our area for DirecTVand I used to have an account with them at my old building the place before this one. They contacted the buildings management office, sent me back an email quickly yesterday and told me that if more develops he's going to let me know because the property manager was in a meeting yesterday when he called.

I could see the one on the porch, a tripod on a roof is ridiculous.
I know it's ridiculous! But the Association consist of a lot of old people and they don't understand how easy it is! Like I said in my previous reply I've got in contact with Access Media 3 so let's see what happens!

There is a possibility the Association is saying no to any solution for DirecTV because someone (or possibly, a few others) is getting is getting a "kickback" for renewing with the Cable Co. Yes, they make it look like a sincere bidding process, but Cable will mysteriously win the contract. This happens a lot more than you think. I hope you get your DirecTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)