DTV Americal coming to South Louisiana

localclassictvfan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2015
Lafayette, Louisiana
Just received a reply to an email that DTV America is coming to Lafayette and New Orleans mid to late 2017. However we might get some networks we have already like get, grit, and laff, while receiving escape, cozi, comet, and buzzr. As time goes on I'll update. I thought this was some dream but I guess not

With some of the Katz family of networks already on full powers in your market, they'll be least likely to affiliate with your DTV America station.

That said, the other nets plus those typically seen on DTV America stations are more likely to affiliate. The most common seem to be BUZZR, Katz's, the QVC's, NewsMax TV, SonLife, Estrella TV, The Country Network, and something called The Liquidation Channel.

It sure looks like of the DTV America-owned stations in the Lafayette market, K36MG-D would be best for reception. That's assuming they don't try to move a transmitter closer to Lafayette or an increase in power. They could use both. Chances are, they'll also go for a call letters' change as well.

Reactions: localclassictvfan
The DTV America stations for Green Bay and Wausau are licensed to Wausau, Wisconsin. They include future TV stations WODR-LD 19, WWEA-LD 21, W29EH-D 29, and W47EK-D 47. They have yet to go on the air. The Green Bay and Wausau markets have the "bare minimum" when it comes to digital subchannels right now. These new stations could open up the door in the Green Bay and Wausau areas for more multiplexed channels other than WIWN of Milwaukee (licensed to Fond du Lac with partial Northeast Wisconsin signal penetration). Channels that Green Bay could use: Buzzr, Movies!, Telemundo, MundoMax, Dr. TV, Azteca, getTV, Decades, Heartland, The Country Network, QVC over-the-air, COZI TV, etc.

Thanks and if had Cable could watch all Pelicans Games. DTV America stations need to go full power so like GETTV,The Country Network,Sonlife would get added to KC Lineups.

The FCC isn't exactly handing out full power licenses. I know it's been a long time since any full power license was granted. (20 years, I think) Plus, DTV America would, then, have the obligation of serving the community. With the amount of stations they own, producing even a small amount of local content would be pricey, considering their operations. There are more reasons why DTV America stations "going full power" won't be happening, many of which involve budgeting, but simply the fact that they wouldn't even likely be granted a full power license for one station seals it, unfortunately.

With some of the Katz family of networks already on full powers in your market, they'll be least likely to affiliate with your DTV America station.

That said, the other nets plus those typically seen on DTV America stations are more likely to affiliate. The most common seem to be BUZZR, Katz's, the QVC's, NewsMax TV, SonLife, Estrella TV, The Country Network, and something called The Liquidation Channel.

It sure looks like of the DTV America-owned stations in the Lafayette market, K36MG-D would be best for reception. That's assuming they don't try to move a transmitter closer to Lafayette or an increase in power. They could use both. Chances are, they'll also go for a call letters' change as well.
all I have is grit in my market, laff is in the Baton Rouge market eventhough I can catch WVLA. However a lot of DTV stations that have the katz are on the full power markets too but I think DTV had launch the katz before the bigger stations did......I could still get laff and escape. Grit, Get, Antenna, and the MNTV they wont probably launch.....the rest would, I cant wait to see what we get. With 5 stations there is room for everything but not all of us will get all 5 of the stations

The DTV America stations for Green Bay and Wausau are licensed to Wausau, Wisconsin. They include future TV stations WODR-LD 19, WWEA-LD 21, W29EH-D 29, and W47EK-D 47. They have yet to go on the air. The Green Bay and Wausau markets have the "bare minimum" when it comes to digital subchannels right now. These new stations could open up the door in the Green Bay and Wausau areas for more multiplexed channels other than WIWN of Milwaukee (licensed to Fond du Lac with partial Northeast Wisconsin signal penetration). Channels that Green Bay could use: Buzzr, Movies!, Telemundo, MundoMax, Dr. TV, Azteca, getTV, Decades, Heartland, The Country Network, QVC over-the-air, COZI TV, etc.
we'll see what transpires from Mid to late 2017......I can see some of them stations we could get. American Sports Network is on DTV America too

The FCC isn't exactly handing out full power licenses. I know it's been a long time since any full power license was granted. (20 years, I think) Plus, DTV America would, then, have the obligation of serving the community. With the amount of stations they own, producing even a small amount of local content would be pricey, considering their operations. There are more reasons why DTV America stations "going full power" won't be happening, many of which involve budgeting, but simply the fact that they wouldn't even likely be granted a full power license for one station seals it, unfortunately.
You bring up a good answer here.....See what I don't get is we have this K38OF-D in the Lafayette market which according to its rabbit ears layout it goes 47 miles and the tower is 1699 feet tall but its off the air. If DTV would buy it from this Armando Murillo then that would cover everybody within the 5 other translator areas.......Makes too much sense I guess that's why. At least most of us will get some variety soon......

Latest froma DTV America Spokesman is at the original Launch at least 10 channels at first launch with up to at least 20 altogether. they are still working deals out getting clearances from the channel owners to get ready for the launch......If so and the right ones come along, I could have everything except for Works, Decades, Movies!. We'll see....

DTV america sent me an email of what channels to look for as he launched at least 14 on two stations in Charlotte. He says whatever I dont have that he has contracts with we should mostly get. If we have them already that he has contracts with, more than likely will not launch...Just hope the stations reach me....

yeah open the floodgates for me and you both

Thanks and if had Cable could watch all Pelicans Games. DTV America stations need to go full power so like GETTV,The Country Network,Sonlife would get added to KC Lineups.
GetTV is on KLFY 10.2 and on Charter, LUS, and some other cable company in Lafayette but not Cox.....sucks though thats why i have an antenna too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)