Dual LNB for this dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

guapoharry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
32ºN 111ºW
Would this C120 LNB work with the attached DirecPC dish pictured?

I would rather use a standard Dual LNB instead of a universal one. Another issue is that the Invacom LNB is pricey. Anyone know of a better alternative?

That funky looking feedhorn leads me to believe it would be a good idea to use it with this odd dish. Or, doesn't it matter?

What about jury rigging a normal Dual LNB (40 mm mount is it?) for this dish? Just use a stainless steel hose clamp or something to fasten it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Attachments

• direcpc1.jpg
    direcpc1.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 275
  • direcpc2.jpg
    direcpc2.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 271
Those stock LNB's work great for FTA. Have a few of those set up at one time or another

But if you want to upgrade to a dual, you could get any old dual and take the casing off. The groove on those dishes is a 25mm throat and most LNB's are 40mm. If you take the casing off you get a 25mm throat that slips right on there :)

I just had to swap out the Primestar LNB (looks like that one)...it crapped out. Put a Sadoun dual on with no issues :)

You could also mount a stacked LNB onto that dish (the stacked FSS LNB on a Superdish will work fine). I did this when I couldn't find a cheap, suitable dual output LNB for my 1 meter Channel Master dish.

The DP FSS LNBs have a standard C-120 flange.

I would use the LNB you have

I have the exact same dish and it works great! That Hughes LNB is excellent!!!

The DISH and LNB work great together and even though the DISH does not look too good it should perform very well indeed. :up

Attachments

• DirecPC-DISH-sm.jpg
    DirecPC-DISH-sm.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 293
pixy pix

... attached DirecPC dish pictured?
Well, now that's all taken care of, I'd like to know if/how you processed your pictures on your computer before uploading 'em?
And what sort of camera you used.
They have an uncommon look to them; I've never seen a 2592x1944 picture that looked quite like that.

Well, now that's all taken care of, I'd like to know if/how you processed your pictures on your computer before uploading 'em?
And what sort of camera you used.
They have an uncommon look to them; I've never seen a 2592x1944 picture that looked quite like that.

Now that you mention it, they are odd when you view them at screen resoultion. My browser automatically reduces them to fit in the window.

Camera: Canon PowerShot A530

Native size of jpg's 1670 KB and 1229 KB

Given that they were pretty large for posting to a forum, I processed them down to a smaller size of 266KB and 189KB

What I did was to open jpgs with the app and then did a save as. A dialog box lets you choose the Compression Factor for jpgs.

The application is an ancient ( I say ahead of its time ) image editor called Picture Publisher by Micrografx. Mine is version 7, dated 1997

Corel bought the product line and appears to have abandoned it. (kind of like when Intel bought the Alpha processor intellectual property from HP)

I have the exact same dish and it works great! That Hughes LNB is excellent!!!

The DISH and LNB work great together and even though the DISH does not look too good it should perform very well indeed. :up

On that photo, the coax is connected to what kind of LNB? Linear or Circular?

But if you want to upgrade to a dual, you could get any old dual and take the casing off. The groove on those dishes is a 25mm throat and most LNB's are 40mm. If you take the casing off you get a 25mm throat that slips right on there :)

This is good to know.

That sounds like the cost effective solution, unless I get a Superdish LNB for cheap or free.

Early Picture

On that photo, the coax is connected to what kind of LNB? Linear or Circular?

This is an early picture when I was still getting everything setup. Here is another picture from today. The Hughes linear LNB is on 123W (G10R) and the shiny LNB is a DISH network circular LNB with cover removed for 119W and the NASA channel and Angel One. This setup works very well and I highly recommend this dish.

Attachments

• DirecPC-06May08.jpg
    DirecPC-06May08.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 237
Those DirecPC dishes work well do they? Excellent! I've been trying to locate some dishes for either Galaxy10 or AMC3. I've made a phone call, and I'm going to have one of those dishes in my hands on Saturday when my parents come for a visit :)

My father picked up a DirecPC dish at their local rural garbage dump - he thought that it might be useful for something someday. That "someday" will be very soon!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)