DUNA TV no longer free on 97W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jenom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Information for anybody missing/looking for DUNA TV on 97W (still listed as free on Lyngsat)

The following message was shown at the bottom of the screen during the last few weeks : (translated from hungarian)

To our north-american viewers attention
The will be a change in the coding system starting at November 1, 2007
To renew your subscripton , immediately call GlobeCast World TV toll free number 1-888-988-5299

There goes another free TV channel !:(

Information for anybody missing/looking for DUNA TV on 97W (still listed as free on Lyngsat)

The following message was shown at the bottom of the screen during the last few weeks : (translated from hungarian)

To our north-american viewers attention
The will be a change in the coding system starting at November 1, 2007
To renew your subscripton , immediately call GlobeCast World TV toll free number 1-888-988-5299

There goes another free TV channel !:(

I've been trying to get a subbed receiver for the last few days in order to get a subscription.

Because I am in Canada it is virtually impossible. Anyone know of a place to get receiver in Canada?

The add should have said to our American/Mexican viewers because apparently Canadians are not allowed to have this service.

unfortunately thats most likely more the CDN gov then the US companies fault. Thank CANCOM for that.

That is correct. Apparently Bev complained to the CRTC and therefore, globecast could not legally sell in Canada even though nobody offers the same service.

What a joke. I could see it being a problem if the channels were on both providers but they are not.

I stumbled across a this ad:
[SIZE=-1]www.gosatellite.net/free_hungarian_tv_1851_ctg.htm

I'm into linux TV stuff and currently streaming DunaTV over the web. The quality is low and unreliable.
[/SIZE]I was planning to setup a receive tuned to Galaxy 25. So this news means that they will use an encoding on top of nagravision? Is it true that they only broadcast 8 hours a day?
I live in Vancouver,BC

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)