Duplicate thumbnails on recording. Dirt Help Please

clotter

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
NE Wisconsin
One would think I have a thing for Halle Berry in Swordfish. And I do. Can you blame me. :biggrin2

Just not THIS big of a thing.

The photo shows 15 of MANY recordings that all have the thumbnail from Swordfish. What can I do to correct this? It's been going on since I swapped my original Hoppers out with the new Hoppers with Sling at least a year ago. I have an EHD hooked up and I have transferred recordings to the EHD, back to the Hopper, and back to the EHD with no changes taking place with the thumbnails.

img_3735.jpg

Not clear, but is this just happening or have you had the wrong icon for a year now? Assuming it just started. And the obvious question is have you done a hard reset (unplug) to see if that corrects the issue?

I was going to suggest unplugging the receiver as well. You mentioned that you have transferred to the EHD as well. Does it show this icon for EHD and DVR recordings?

Thanks for the responses. This has been happening since I got the Hopper w/sling. I figured the issue would get fixed along with the many software updates that have taken place over the past year or so, but the updates have slowed considerably and nothing has fixed this issue, at least not for me.

As far as resets go, yes, I have unplugged the receiver, hit the red reset button, and reset through the menu. Even inadvertently, throughout the course of the year, I lose power occasionally, so you could say it gets semi-regular hard resets.

Edit: The icons stay the same whether the recording is in the EHD, or it gets transferred back to the Hopper.

Try putt in it into standby for a few hours with no one viewing and no timers. Maybe the rms isn't updating or keeps getting interupted and thus behavior is somehow the result. Worth a shot...

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If this is only on stuff that was previously recorded and transferred over, I don't see those getting fixed. Do you have the issue with recordings moving forward?

If this is only on stuff that was previously recorded and transferred over, I don't see those getting fixed. Do you have the issue with recordings moving forward?

I'm fairly sure they're recordings made on the original Hopper. I haven't noticed this issue on current recordings. Still hoping for a software fix, it's not worth the hassle of changing out the Hopper for a different one.

Reactions: ChadT41
Thanks all for the responses. In the end it seems that there's not much I can do, or any support available from Dish that will take care of this issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)