DVR Compensation

hdfxrs

Original poster
May 4, 2014
Brandon, FL
Anyone know why the DVR compensation stopped working on my whole house system after the most recent "upgrade"? It still works fine on the main DVR unit.

:welcome to Satelliteguys hdfxrs!

What is dvr compensation?

Edit: I found that it's when the dvr backs up a little after fast forwarding. I knew what it is, just not what it's called. I have heard some companies have removed this feature, but since you have one dvr that stills works, that probably isn't it.

Apparently Brighthouse has removed the ability to compensate on the remote boxes. I have three and cannot compensate on any of them.

Sorry to hear that. Of course you can always use the back button after coming out of ff mode.

I have rebooted a number of times. Also had the BH service person out. He said I would have to live with it. Said these things often happen when customer service gets involved in system upgrades.
Don't know what TIVO would have to do with this issue, as the main box compensation still works fine.

There is a setting i believe on the box where you can turn it off or change the time that it compensates (or at least there was) did you check to make sure some how it did not get turned off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts