DVR Functions with Live Stream?

KMeyer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2023
Marion, Iowa
I recently added Peacock to watch games not covered on satellite channels. I stream it on my TV or Roku, but I can't pause live TV programs. Does the Hopper Plus let you pause live streaming?

It has nothing to do with the Hopper Plus but more to do with if Peacock allows it on AndroidTV or not. The function is actually in the app itself so if the app you use supports it then it will work. If you had Sling, you can pause Live TV and even replay on both Android Mobile and Android TV. As far as Peacock is concerned, it is a function that Peacock needs to have in their app.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It has nothing to do with the Hopper Plus but more to do with if Peacock allows it on AndroidTV or not. The function is actually in the app itself so if the app you use supports it then it will work. If you had Sling, you can pause Live TV and even replay on both Android Mobile and Android TV. As far as Peacock is concerned, it is a function that Peacock needs to have in their app.

Thank you. That helps. I do have Sling and noticed I could pause on a mobile device.

New question: with Hopper Plus, can you map Peacock to a channel number like Netflix and Amazon Prime for easy access from a home theater remote?

Thank you. That helps. I do have Sling and noticed I could pause on a mobile device.

New question: with Hopper Plus, can you map Peacock to a channel number like Netflix and Amazon Prime for easy access from a home theater remote?
No you can't map it to a channel. Only reason you could with Netflix and prime is because they are built in to the actual hopper software.

As far as pausing, as mentioned, it's dependant between different apps. But one thing to not is that some apps you can push the actual pause button, while some require you to push select instead, to pause. But some apps also let you use either one.

You can but it would involve reading this and ofcourse there are other ways to do it... For starters...