"DVR will be released by the end of the month!"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nemisis633

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2005
Hey everyone,

Just got done talking with a CSR and she reassured me that they would keep their promise of having the DVR ready by the end of the month. I explained how I was considering jumping ship due to the lack of a DVR and she said that voom WOULD deliver on its promise... Not sure how much thats worth.. but comforting at least.

cheers,
Jon

i was told by a csr that it would be released in june.I dont think they know to much myself.

Well it is all that I am waiting for. As soon as they get a DVR I will switch...just that simple. I would imagine there are many other in the same boat I am too.

Anyone out there beta-testing?
Remember, you can SAY you are beta-testing without breaking your non-disclosure agreement (at least the one from Microsoft is worded that way). I have been a beta-tester for MS for many years now - since Win98. I guess that would make me a Master.
Wait...don't think about that too much... :shocked

Seriously though, it would be very reassuring to hear that folks outside the company are trying it out...

Andrew

Andrew B said:
Anyone out there beta-testing?
Remember, you can SAY you are beta-testing without breaking your non-disclosure agreement (at least the one from Microsoft is worded that way). I have been a beta-tester for MS for many years now - since Win98. I guess that would make me a Master.
Wait...don't think about that too much... :shocked

Seriously though, it would be very reassuring to hear that folks outside the company are trying it out...

Andrew

I asked to beta test ANYTHING for VOOM. Been beta testing, and a gui engineer for 20+ years.

Never heard back from anyone at VOOM. Sigh

:(

they have said June 2004 before Xmas 2004 They said march 2005 and I was told June 2005!!!! VOOM Gods said 70 NEW HD channels by march 2005 i!!!!!!!!!
Give me my HDTV and a Fire wire that is all I want!!!!!!!!!!

Well it is all that I am waiting for. As soon as they get a DVR I will switch...just that simple. I would imagine there are many other in the same boat I am too.
\

Me too.

On February 27th I was told the DVR would be out in March but the new channels were pushed back till June.

I belive the CSR's repeat what they thought they heard. Probably from us as well as their supervisors.

June?

We were told "first half of 2005". Does June fall within the first half? Yes, it does, right along with March, April, and May. The CSR's will be able to give you an exact date one or two days prior to the release, that's about all the notice we get on anything.

Well again.... if someone tried to break both your legs when you were planning on a 10K run, would you be a little distracted? Let's make sure that there is a service to connect a DVR too. Besides...there is so much repeat on every channel (not just VOOM 21) that I wonder what the value is of a DVR.

spahoose said:
We were told "first half of 2005". Does June fall within the first half? Yes, it does, right along with March, April, and May. The CSR's will be able to give you an exact date one or two days prior to the release, that's about all the notice we get on anything.

See here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/2005ces/

VOOM said the DVR will be out in March. This is the only official statement from VOOM. There has been no press release to the contrary.

Andrew B said:
I have been a beta-tester for MS for many years now - since Win98. I guess that would make me a Master.

Andrew

I've been a Master beta since I was 14!

Cuz......

gutter said:
Besides...there is so much repeat on every channel (not just VOOM 21) that I wonder what the value is of a DVR.
:confused:
Lets see:

1) Can't stay awake for SNL
2) Want to watch LOST and record American Dreams on Wednesday
3) Losing Starz soon so want to record as many movies, especially HDmovies as I can
4) Wife can't stay awake for ER on Thursdays
5) Go to hockey games Friday so I miss 8 Simple Rules
6) Would rather record an "iffy" movie than watch it
7) Nice to record afternoon ball games and fast forward through them later
8) Makes an easy PIP
9) Nice to pause something live when you need to use the litter box
10) Need a list of 10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)