"DVR will be released by the end of the month!"

I just got off the voom live chat and the lady said planned for end of march then researched it and said it's still being worked on and that release is scheduled for first half of 2005.

What does this mean? I've got no clue. But my guess is that it's probably going to be ready for April but since no one knows if Voom's going to be around after the 31st it's probably not a good idea for Voom to release the dvr just yet. Also, my opinion is that they're going to be mass producing them so that they don't run out like dish did with the 921. Again, just a guess.

Give them time folks, they have had a bad few weeks, those guys have been fired and hired a few times over the past few weeks, everything that has gone on has caused part of the delay.

I can tell you it is almost ready, a few more bugs to quish and then you will have a great DVR unit. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
That person on the video wasnt a VOOM employee he worked for Motorola.

That's a new excuse: The guy is in the VOOM booth, talking about VOOM, saying "we" this and "we" that while he describes VOOM but subscribers are not supposed to believe him because he actually works for someone else.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Give them time folks, they have had a bad few weeks, those guys have been fired and hired a few times over the past few weeks, everything that has gone on has caused part of the delay.

I can tell you it is almost ready, a few more bugs to quish and then you will have a great DVR unit. :)

The problem is that we are all very in-patient and want a DVR as soon as possible (now). This, of course, is from a viewer perspective who knows very little of what's going on and the pieces that should be in placed to have one. I am sure VOOM as a company knows how important a DVR is these days. Not only to their current base but from a competition point of view.

No, I am not going to say three weeks or by month end but I could see that is getting closer and closer since the pieces needed are or have been put together already (a lot of these pieces have already been made public in this forum). There's probably two more pieces and we will have a DVR. I just hope that we will get to see it. Of course, this is all depending whether VoOM can get funding to continue past 3/31/05, otherwise everything is moot.

Sean Mota said:
I am sure VOOM as a company knows how important a DVR is these days. Not only to their current base but from a competition point of view.

Fact or opinion?

If fact , what's your source?

If opinion, I respectfully disagree.

HD-DVRs are common pieces of equipment available to most customers of their competition.
It is pathetic they haven't released one yet. No more excuses please.

Sean Mota said:
There's probably two more pieces and we will have a DVR. I just hope that we will get to see it. Of course, this is all depending whether VoOM can get funding to continue past 3/31/05, otherwise everything is moot.

Sean, is 3/31 funding in addition to the two other pieces, or are we in fact talking three pieces.
My guess is 1=funding, 2=mpeg4 but can you give a hint on 3? Other than move to R2 I don't see a third one. admit that even 2 is a guess, however pretty calculated guess.

Its getting closer and closer? Everything gets closer as the clock ticks. Stop jerking the customers around and give them a freaking DVR. Its not like it hasnt been done before.

Scott Greczkowski said:

Sorry but they are a business and we are customers. If I have a Bad few weeks Voom still expects its money on time. They are not going to give me a break. Any hiring/firing is Cablevision and Vooms fault not ours. They need to deliver on their promises. If they are a business then start acting like one. If they are a circus then they need to fold. I thought they had a fully functional prototype at CES? This delay delay delay is ridiculous.

So who changed vurbano's response? Did you change it vurbano or are the Admin Nazi's out to get you tonight? ;-)

Did I miss something here?...

vurbano said:
It was me I thought it was harsh .. lol:D
I didn't see an edit on any of his posts here...is there a way to edit without it showing? I'd be interested regarding another source and highlighting another issue, if that's the case. Vicki

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts