E3 Master Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
Rather than do the standard thing where E3 comes and we just flood the PC/Console/PS4/One games threads with overlapping news stories, I thought it would be better to just throw all the E3 news into 1 thread.

As E3 approaches and we're bombarded with various "gameplay" demos, let us just remember a few of the E3 demos of the past, just so we'll keep our expectations in check and remember that a LOT can change between E3 and release.

Bioshock Infinite from 2011

Halo 2 from 2003

And let's not forget Sony's entire E3 2005 show, where they showed off the PS3 and how good the games were supposed to look.

This Kotaku article gives a good look into the story behind some of these and others.

http://kotaku.com/the-real-stories-behind-e3-s-glossy-game-demos-1710169104

That was an interesting, long form article by Kotaku. Those are pretty rare on gaming websites. I've actually a fan of the author from his years at Giant Bomb.

Looks like we may FINALLY have a trailer for The Last Guardian at E3. Just to remind you all, the last trailer that was shown was at E3, in 2009.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...he-Last-Guardian-Reportedly-at-This-Year-s-E3

This is a game everyone seems to want but I just don't care about it. I've never played the previous Team Ico games so maybe things would be different if I had. For me this game is going to have to actually be released and get amazing reviews before I'm going to care about it.

The games are very artsy and Shadow of the Colossus is considered a classic. I thought it was pretty cool, but like with most things, something more fun came around and I never finished it. I hope it gets released if for no other reason than I just want to see they come up with after 6+ years of development.

Fallout 4 comes out November 10, 2015. I posted in the PC thread that I had hope the game would come out this year even though it's rare for a release as big as Fallout to be released only 5 months after it was announced. Between Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 this is a pretty great year for RPG fans.

I'm SHOCKED that they did such a close reveal to release for a game like Fallout 4. The idea of a major AAA release having such a short window nowadays is almost unheard of. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, although I don't see myself picking this game up anytime soon.

Here's a round up of all the information about FO4

http://www.ign.com/wikis/fallout-4?utm_campaign=plus.google.com&utm_source=plus.url.google.com

Also, they've released a FO iOS game to tide everyone over. Bear in mind, this is NOT just a classic/modern FO game put on iOS. Instead you get to build your own vault. If nothing else, it looks like a decent distraction and it isn't microtransaction heavy at all. Looks more like a publicity tool for FO4. Android version coming soon.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/fallout-shelter/id991153141?mt=8

Last edited:
Fallout 4 is a must buy for me. Dishonored 2 probably is as well but not until it gets a decent discount. The one that surprised me is Doom though. I played a little bit of the original at a friends house but I've never really played a Doom game. I wasn't expecting to care about a modern game in that series. From what I saw last night I actually want to play that too though. Again, it will probably be a discount purchase for me.

I loved the original Doom games. Nice throwback to the days of just shooting bad guys with awesome weapons before we changed to recovering health automatically and 2 weapons and reloading. Doom 3 was a major shift in the series that a lot of people didn't like because it felt more like you were playing Aliens than it did an old school Doom game. I liked it for what it was though.

I have to say from looking at the videos that Doom 4 looks pretty damn intense. I like that they're going to bring you back to Hell (or whatever they're calling it nowadays) again as opposed to just keeping you locked on the space ship where you basically again, feel like you're playing Aliens.

Fallout 4 comes out November 10, 2015. I posted in the PC thread that I had hope the game would come out this year even though it's rare for a release as big as Fallout to be released only 5 months after it was announced. Between Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 this is a pretty great year for RPG fans.

I'm SHOCKED that they did such a close reveal to release for a game like Fallout 4. The idea of a major AAA release having such a short window nowadays is almost unheard of. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, although I don't see myself picking this game up anytime soon.

Here's a round up of all the information about FO4

http://www.ign.com/wikis/fallout-4?utm_campaign=plus.google.com&utm_source=plus.url.google.com

Also, they've released a FO iOS game to tide everyone over. Bear in mind, this is NOT just a classic/modern FO game put on iOS. Instead you get to build your own vault. If nothing else, it looks like a decent distraction and it isn't microtransaction heavy at all. Looks more like a publicity tool for FO4. Android version coming soon.
https://itunes.apple.com/app/fallout-shelter/id991153141?mt=8

Fallout 4 has been teased through "leaks" (though not officially announced) for at least a year. The pent up demand is there.

I'm tempted to make this a day one purchase, but Bethesda's track record of buggy Fallout games for the PS3 coupled with this generation's track record with horribly glitchy games when released is giving me pause.

How has Witcher 3 been out of the box? I haven't been paying much attention since I already have at least two other higher- priority fantasy RPGs on my must-play list.

At any rate, here's the E3 reveal of Fallout 4 (sorry if this has already been posted in another thread ;))

There's NO reason to get a Day 1 Bethesda game, unless you find an awesome deal on it. One side note, if you get the Xbox One version they give you a free copy of Fallout 3 as well. I'm not sure if it's just the old 360 version or a "remaster" or something, but time will tell.

Witcher 3 has had numerous patches, and the console versions can't stand up to the PC version. Still, people haven't been putting it on the same level as Unity, so I guess it isn't that bad. I'm not jumping into that until I'm done with Arkham Knight.

Fallout 4 has been teased through "leaks" (though not officially announced) for at least a year. The pent up demand is there.

I'm tempted to make this a day one purchase, but Bethesda's track record of buggy Fallout games for the PS3 coupled with this generation's track record with horribly glitchy games when released is giving me pause.

How has Witcher 3 been out of the box? I haven't been paying much attention since I already have at least two other higher- priority fantasy RPGs on my must-play list.

At any rate, here's the E3 reveal of Fallout 4 (sorry if this has already been posted in another thread ;))

Witcher 3 has been solid for me on PC. Most of the complaints I read were from people who were having framerate issues. From what I saw most of them were just mad that they couldn't run the game on ultra settings at high framerates without pretty high end hardware. I don't really know anything about the console version of the game though.

Edit: I'll be getting Fallout 4 close to launch for sure. I'm hoping GMG has some awesome pre-order deal at some point like they did for Arkham Knight and Witcher 3. If I can get it for around $40 as a pre-order I will definitely do that. If not I'll try to wait for a post release sale at that price point.

Microsoft really has been throwing a LOT of stuff out there today, and a good portion of it isn't crap, which is nice.

WOW..........this Minecraft holographic demo is pretty f*cking sweet.... I'm sure this will be reposted later from the news websites...

Well... Microsoft really threw down the mic with that presentation. Be interesting to see what Sony does to counter..

I didn't get to see the presentation but I just received a notification from the Smart Glass app letting me know that I was registered for the Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Beta with a code to redeem it. I didn't register for the Beta but they seem to just automatically give out beta keys if you are in the preview program.

I think I've received about 6 Smite closed beta keys now even though I only registered for one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts