EHD Transfer Error 855

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

inazsully

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Sun City West, AZ
For the first few days of use My new Hopper had no problems transferring shows from the Hopper hard drive to my EHD hard drive. The correct prompts come up and the transfer process begins but now after a few seconds I get a message titled "USB Device Transfer Error 855". "An error occurred while transferring events to your external device 1" I've tried several fixes so far. I did a cold reboot and the Hopper recognized my external hard drive. I transferred several shows from the EHD back to the Hopper hard drive with no problem. I have plenty of room available on my EHD. For the first few days I successfully transferred dozens of shows from the Hoppers hard drive to my EHD. Now ERROR 855. Would a dirt team member be of any help? Would calling Dish be of any help?

I have not paid attention to the error number, but frequently see the error message which terminates the transfer. My guess is that it encounters a show that is restricted because it is currently recording or in the PTAT area. I don't like it but have ignored it and moved on. I am still more concerned with the many recordings that NEVER show up in the transfer screen.

I'm still having a problem transferring certain shows (Scandle) from my Hopper hard drive to my EHD. It's been on the hard drive for 5 days now and I still get error message 855 "An Error Occurred While Transferring Material". Am I doing something wrong?

Maybe there is an issue with that file? Are you able to transfer other content right now?
I spent 1 and 1/2 hours on the phone today with advanced tech. We tried everything to get events recorded on the PTAT and transferred to the Hopper HD to transfer to the EHD. Always got the 855 transfer error. Shows included Bones, Castle, Once Upon a Time, Grey's Anatomy all with the same results. Two of these shows show up on the PTAT event page as well as the Hopper event page (same episodes). We tried saving to and naming folders to no avail. Tried all different kinds of EDITs also. When we accessed the EHD transfer access page only Bones and Castle were there and they garnered the 855 error. The tech has a Hopper but has never used PTAT and could not figure out how to transfer an event from PTAT page to the regular Hopper page. Very frustrating. I sent this info to a DIRT member a couple of hours ago. It should be way simpler than this. On the drop downs when you highlight a event it shows edit, save, save series, info. Why not a prompt to transfer? How simple would that be?

After spending another hour with another Advanced Tech she finally turned me over to her supervisor. I was nice, honest. She said a new software update is being released on the 13th that will take care of everything. Transferring from the PTAT Hard drive to the Hopper hard drive and transferring from the Hopper Hard drive to the EHD hard drive. See me holding my breath???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)