Eighth worst company to work for?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I always wondered the scientific basis of these surveys. A long time ago I worked for a mainframe computer company that was listed as the worst company to work for in the industry. And then that same survey said that the employee loyalty was the highest in the industry.

Seems there was creative analysis then, probably a lot of creative analysis now.

Last edited:
A lot of the rating comes from employee complaints at Gladsdoor.com for the "worst to work for", and the customer satisfaction comes from callback surveys and CSAT ratings that are sent to JD Power, and ACSI. It is only a guess based on those stats.

Considering how mercurial Egen is, I believe it. Of course, the press used to refer to him as "feisty."

I was shocked Home Depot was not on the list. Work your back end off for a year and they give you a 25 cent raise. It shocks me when I see some one with a multi year award on their apron.

I was shocked Home Depot was not on the list. Work your back end off for a year and they give you a 25 cent raise. It shocks me when I see some one with a multi year award on their apron.
So a multi year award is what a $1.00? 4 x .25=$1.00.

That is standard, or even above standard, for retail. Those folks slogging it away at WalMart for a year might get a nickle or dime raise. 1.5% to 2.5% raise a year was standard at most of the manufacturing plants I worked at. A lot of businesses only give a COLA with no guarantee of getting one yearly, just like those on Social Security.

Even Walmart had figured out that if they don't give their employees raises that their sales stay flat. That is because it is the almighty consumer that creates demand for products and with it sales and with that even more jobs for the economy. IF the consumers and the employees don't get raises , then the corporations don't create sales and with those sales more profits. With no raises the sales stay flat and the wages stay flat and the economy stays flat and doesn't grow by much. The old saying "You have to spend money to make money" is more true now than ever before.

If Ergen wasn't "fiesty" then he would not have a successful company and the employees wouldn't have their jobs. On the other hand, if they were to try to make a better environment for their employees and subcontractors then maybe it would be even more successful.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
If Ergen wasn't "fiesty" then he would not have a successful company and the employees wouldn't have their jobs. On the other hand, if they were to try to make a better environment for their employees and subcontractors then maybe it would be even more successful.

His company is successful by the employees and retailers like myself that got him there to the point where they do not need us anymore

His company is successful by the employees and retailers like myself that got him there to the point where they do not need us anymore

Maybe there simply is not enough satellite customers left to sign up for the service. With all the cord cutters and cord nevers , the amount of people that are subscribing to pay tv is dropping each year. How many quarters has DISH even added any subs in the last few years?

I believe it. I myself worked for dish in 2008 in Englewood, Colorado. The major issue I found was the management. Lots of arrogance and lack of regard for team members on the floor of the call center. The turn over is really high, to the point there is always a sign on the side of the building that says "now hiring". I really felt this arrogance attitude came from the top.. Mr Charlie Ergen himself.

One of the guys I was training with 1 on 1 after a few weeks had a "sh*t list" of customers on the back of his notepad. He was a focal for the teams. I really look back think how bad that was. Also the fact the system rates customers if they are frequent callers for issues when they call in.

Again, this was my experience 7 years ago, it may have changed at that site or not. I really hope they can turn it around. I've heard good things about working for directv.

This is part of the reason I refused for so many years to be a Dish subscriber. Times have changed and maybe the company has, and I need to save money. So here i am.. A dish subscriber. Trying not to be on someone's sh*t list when I call in for help! Lmao!!

Bottom line is I left for another company who I felt was more competitive on wages and benefits with better management. Don't like working for a company, quit and find something better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonKnightDX, don't call in for help. Come here instead or contact the DIRT team that is here also. Look for the DIRT members highlighted in red under "Helpers Online Now".