Email Milwaukee CBS 58 - Complain about no HD!

2extreme

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Angry Milwaukee Local HD subscribers!

We are unable to get CBS 58 HD via Dish Network. I do believe it is CBS 58's fault that Dish isn't broadcasting them in HD. I say lets email them at feedback@cbs58.com with our complaints and concerns about this and make them allow Dish to broadcast them in HD. While you're at it CC it to their programming dept at dpalecek@cbs58.com . I mean why not? They allow them to broadcast the SD so why not HD?

Make our voice as a whole heard!

Here is a copy of the email I sent, both to feedback and CC'd to programming (both emails listed above):

Hello and to whom it may concern.

I am a Dish Network subscriber, yes I subscribe to Dish Network. I receive your channel (CBS 58) via satellite as I am unable to obtain it OTA. I enjoy your programming but am disappointed as to a recent change. The Milwaukee Locals just became available in HD via Dish Network and I was excited to hear of this addition. I learned they would be providing CBS, ABC, NBC and FOX (BIG 4) in HD in all the local markets including Milwaukee. Well to my disappointment and I am sure many others, your channel is not broadcast in HD via satellite. I do believe this is a decision on your end as ABC, NBC and FOX are all in HD via satellite and CBS is in HD in several other markets.

As I said I was excited to hear and see the launch of HD locals in the Milwaukee market area but extremely disappointed I am not getting CBS 58 in this HD format. Please allow Dish Network to rebroadcast your channel in HD. If not, I have a feeling I and the rest of my family will be viewing more NBC, ABC and FOX as they are in HD format and I’d really like to continue watching programs on your channel but the non-HD format is poor in quality. (Once one sees programs in HD one gets hooked).

Thank you and please take this into immediate consideration.

(Name withheld)

Here is a copy of numerous emails sent back and forth between me and CBS channel 58 in Milwaukee.

> -----Original Message-----?> From: Russell Jorgensen?> Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2008 12:40 PM?> To: Feedback58?> Subject: NO HD ON DIRECTV OR DISH NETWORK?>?>?> HI?>?> Could you tell me why you will not let the satellite companies carry?> your HD signal? You let them carry your SD signal. Do you know how?> many viewers that you are going to lose because of this. CBS has some?> of my favorite shows but if I can't see them in HD I will find?> something else to watch. SD stuff is a thing of the past. What do you?> think is going to happen to your viewership when you have to drop the?> analog signal and only broadcast the digital signal? You're going to?> lose a lot of viewers and your ratings will go way down. Do you think?> that CBS is going to put up with that because you will not let your?> signal be carried by satellite? I don't think so. Why don't you do?> both of us a favor and let it be carried by satellite.?>?> Thanks?> Russell Jorgensen?>

On Apr 15, 2008, at 9:02 AM, Feedback58 wrote:??> DirecTV does not have an agreement in place with us that would allow*?> them to carry our HD signal. Negotiations with them have been*?> ongoing, and we hope for a resolution in the coming year.?>?> Anyone living within our Grades A or B coverage areas (Southeastern*?> Wisconsin) should be able to receive our over-the-air High Def*?> signal, and are therefore not eligible for a waiver.?>?> Please let us know if you require any technical assistance with*?> achieving a quality over-the-air picture.?>?> Thank you for your correspondence.?>?> Christine Grotelueschen?> Office Manager?> WDJT / WMLW / WYTU?> p:414-607-8120 / f:414-777-5814?>

-----Original Message-----?From: Russell Jorgensen ?Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 9:44 AM?To: Feedback58?Subject: Re: NO HD ON DIRECTV OR DISH NETWORK???I understand that there is no agreement in place with DirecTV or Dish*?Network to carry your HD signal. That's why I sent the email in the*?first place. Why should any of the carriers, cable, satellite or*?others need a separate agreement to carry something that you offer*?free over the air? Especially when next year you will only be*?broadcasting your digital signal. It would seem to me that you're only*?trying to get extra money from them and scarifying a HD signal to a*?large amount of your viewers. I live in the Sheboygan area and do have*?an OTA antenna on my house. It is also amplified because this area is*?on the fringe of your viewing area. There are many times when the*?weather affects reception here. Not just your channel but all OTA*?channels. So viewing your HD signal OTA isn't always an option.??Thanks?>

On Apr 15, 2008, at 10:21 AM, Feedback58 wrote:
First let me point out that the DISH network doesn't carry local channels in HD, only national channels like ESPN and TNT.
?In February 2009 all stations will be required to drop their analog signal for a digital one.* We are already airing a digital signal.* The law does not require stations to be carried on cable or satellite.* The law simply states that negotiations with both be carried out in good faith.?We have agreements with both Time Warner Cable and Charter Communications, and have for some time now.* The negotiations with DirecTV are ongoing, and take place at the corporate level.??If you are not achieving a quality OTA signal, I can forward your information to our Chief Engineer.* He has been able to talk several people through common problems.??Please let me know.??Christine Grotelueschen?Office Manager?WDJT / WMLW / WYTU?p:414-607-8120 / f:414-777-5814
>
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 12:09 PM
To: Feedback58
Subject: Re: NO HD ON DIRECTV OR DISH NETWORK

Hi

You need to be more informed. Dish Network carries the following HD local channels from Milwaukee. channel 4, channel 6 and channel 12. Channel 58 (your station, is the only major network not carried by them). They started Milwaukee HD locals last week Thursday. I will not purchase cable or spend more money on my OTA system just to pick up your station. You seem to be the only hold out for some reason. Perhaps your being unreasonable about your agreement, I don't know. But I can tell you this. You will lose viewers if they can''t get your HD signal over satellite. I will simply turn my OTA antenna towards Green Bay and watch their station.

Russ Jorgensen
>
I am sorry my*information wasn't more current, I have been home with sick children for the past week.* Reading a newspaper was low on the priority list I'm afraid...I was lucky to get a shower.
In any event, I will pass along your email to*our corporate offices.
Christine Grotelueschen ?Office Manager ?WDJT / WMLW / WYTU ?p:414-607-8120 / f:414-777-5814

"Russ Jorgensen
>
I am sorry my*information wasn't more current, I have been home with sick children for the past week.* Reading a newspaper was low on the priority list I'm afraid...I was lucky to get a shower.
In any event, I will pass along your email to*our corporate offices.
*"

LOL now that is funny stuff...

Pretty pathetic they don't know what is going on but I too feel that they are holding out for more money. I appreciate your effort as I too sent them an email as shown above but they are yet to get back to me. I too live in Sheboygan and don't have an OTA antenna but why should I when they SHOULD be offering their channel via satellite. I am just hoping more people email them and complain...maybe...just maybe they'll listen.

I'm in South Bend and Weigel owns the ABC, CW and MyNetwork TV in my area. Currently MyNet isn't carried by dish, we'll see how it unfolds when they turn my HD Locals on.

I remember digging for an email adress to contact Weigel Broadcasting directly and it was a major hassle. They don't seem to have a corporate website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)