Error 349 On 301 Receiver

Dish-Direc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
I bought 2 301s advertised as 311s on ebay. When I put a SW04 Dish card in each of them, I get error 349. The software on the 301 seems to be outdated. They have been married by Dish Network, and activated, and I still get the error. I guess I need to know how to get the software on the receiver updated without using the card.

with 301's the best way i have found to update the software is to lock it on the point dish screen 119 t19 then just power it off and let it set atleast 30 mins or more

I checked switch and made sure it will upgrade system without my permission and powered off (manually depressed the power switch) on Signal level 105 on 119W T19...with cards removed....will keep you posted...thanks for your response.

I bought 2 301s advertised as 311s on ebay. When I put a SW04 Dish card in each of them, I get error 349. The software on the 301 seems to be outdated. They have been married by Dish Network, and activated, and I still get the error. I guess I need to know how to get the software on the receiver updated without using the card.

what do you mean by "without using cards"? you need cards in for the receiver, it wont respond to anything, it just goes to system info screen

If I put the cards in, I get error 349 all the time.....They are 301s......sold as 311s. It does go to system info without the cards......but if I power it off and back on, I can go into the menu without the cards.

what is error 349 i haven't seen this one. when you call dish did they verify the cards you have is originals once that belong with that box? it sounds like there is something is up with cards

Not original cards...but successfully married to the receiver and activated according to Dish....Crook sold the 301s as 311s.....probably after selling the cards to hackers.

When it goes off after system info(powered off without cards......then power it back, then click MENU, all the way to check switch etc.....When the cards are in....349 pops up....I think it shuts down and then 349 appears anytime the cards are pushed in.

did you asked seller for R00 and called dish to verify the numbers with CSR before purchasing the boxes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)