Error 770????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

steff3

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
Sacramento area Calif
The last two mornings I have received the error 770. Yesterday a red button reset seemed to get the error off the screen and get me back to normal operations however this morning it appeared again when I turned it on(from the nightly update I assume). This morning I performed a power reset so will see if that prevents it from occurring again over night tonight.

The attached was a shot from yesterday but today it was identical..... Hoppr 2 Error 770  03-04-13.jpg

Do you have any external hard drives attached?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Do you have any external hard drives attached?

Good point, I didn't think of that. I do have an EHD connected. WD 2GB with Black X Thermaltake dock. I have not had any issues with either Hopper with this set up in the past but are you suggesting perhaps the EHD is failing?

Good point, I didn't think of that. I do have an EHD connected. WD 2GB with Black X Thermaltake dock. I have not had any issues with either Hopper with this set up in the past but are you suggesting perhaps the EHD is failing?

I'd 2nd that as well. Try unplugging it for the night and see if it still happens. Regardless of the age on the internal though, anything is possible. I've had one DOA at a brand new install before. Not in a Hopper so far but other DVRs.

True..I will try unplugging the EHD tonight. If tomorrow there is no issue then I will plug it back in and see if it reappears the next day. Thanks for the suggestions......

So, how did it go overnight?

After disconnecting the ehd yesterday, there were no errors this morning for the first time this week. I suppose it is the WD 2tb ehd although every time I received the error and I rebooted it had came back fine with it connected. I will leave it disconnected for another day then perhaps swap out the HDD and then reconnect and see if the error reoccurs.

There may not be an actual problem with the EHD...the message you posted indicates that the system check is still being run, probably due to the size and amount of data on the EHD. Perhaps you should try and let it run to completion to see if it ever finishes.

There may not be an actual problem with the EHD...the message you posted indicates that the system check is still being run, probably due to the size and amount of data on the EHD. Perhaps you should try and let it run to completion to see if it ever finishes.
The error states it could take up to 10 minutes to complete and it had ran for 4 to 6 hours when I finally rebooted. The drive itself does not have much data left on it. I had backed up all programs from my defective Hopper prior to getting it swapped out but most of that has been viewed and deleted now. I suppose I could reconnect it Friday and if the error occurs, let it run over the weekend and see if it ever completes. Thanks for your suggestions.

One other thing to try if you can get all the shows watched that are on it. Plug it into a computer and let the computer format it. Then, reconnect to the Hopper and let it re-format. I've seen a file get corrupt on one and cause issues. Not your particular issue but I've seen others.

One other thing to try if you can get all the shows watched that are on it. Plug it into a computer and let the computer format it. Then, reconnect to the Hopper and let it re-format. I've seen a file get corrupt on one and cause issues. Not your particular issue but I've seen others.

Good idea as well...thnx!

If you plug it in to your computer, you can download and run the WDDIAG program and it will tell you if the drive is faulty. then you can do the format routine or RMA the drive to WD for a replacement if it is at fault.

Agree with this. Or hell, the rest of the posts after it for that matter, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts