Error code 120 "You can not receive this channel outside the designated viewing area"

Thanks for all the responses, this was my biggest fear now come true, when we first started talking about E14 oh so long ago.

BTW I am holding out hope for tp 3 spot B21 as I could could not see any other uses for tp 3 on any of the other spots in my area. I guess I will find out on the 26th. In the meantime I am going to enjoy Miami on the ch's i can still get till then.

I doubt you'll be able to get B21... highly doubt. Since they used TP 4 in both adjacent beams I can bet B21 is highly tuned not to cover your area in order to prevent adjacent interference.

Check the first post:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/211902-echostar-14-119w-transition-information.html

Thanks for the info about vonage, the checkswitch and hard reboot did not work.

Its true that you can have different area codes with Vonage, but they don't guarantee that "dial up" will work.

I ended up converting all of my "dial up" connections to IP. It was difficult to find a VOIP that supports the "dial up" protocols.

Hello all, after the move of some of the Miami channels today on E14 tp 4 spotbeam B20 I am getting the 120 error code. I have a strong enough signal (45) using my 1 meter dish to lock on the tp so I am wondering aside from the obvious (living in Jacksonville) how they know I am not in the viewing area. I never had this problem with E7.The other Miami channels that will move on 5/26 are not giving me this error code.

Has dish found a way to stop moving with the new satellite? I am going to be bummed if I can no longer watch Channel 7 news any more.

Any info on this error code would be appreciated.

Were you receiving the HD or SD Miami locals?
At the start of summer my brother comes down to visit me from Boston with his kids for a couple of weeks. His brings his 625 with him so he doesn't miss any of his precious Redsox games. The guest room is wired with an old 4900 which he replaces with his 625.
Just checked with him. He is watching WGBH 2 at the moment. He has never tried
using one of his HD receiver because he says the HD spot-beams are too narrow. The SD Boston locals seem to come in just fine.

Were you receiving the HD or SD Miami locals?
At the start of summer my brother comes down to visit me from Boston with his kids for a couple of weeks. His brings his 625 with him so he doesn't miss any of his precious Redsox games. The guest room is wired with an old 4900 which he replaces with his 625.
Just checked with him. He is watching WGBH 2 at the moment. He has never tried
using one of his HD receiver because he says the HD spot-beams are too narrow. The SD Boston locals seem to come in just fine.

yep. The spotbeam for Boston SD locals reaches Maryland
SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 110°W

I was receiveng the Miami SD ch's, but to my dismay I am no longer able to pick them up as Digiblur predicted B21 is way too narrow and does not reach Jax like E7 used to. It sucks one of the best things about satellite tv has been taken away from me with E14, I have lived here for almost 10 years and until now I always had my Miami tv stations I am truly in mourning. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts