Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Get rid of many of these ads and be part of our community! Registration is FREE!

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!

Errors found on Tuner 1 (HR21-200)

Discussion in 'The DIRECTV Forum' started by athoma00, May 15, 2009.

1. athoma00

athoma00 Thread Starter New Member

Been having a lot of problems with "Searching for signal (771)" last couple of weeks. Called Directtv 4 times and not getting much help.

I run Satellite Setup and it tells me Errors found on Tuner 1 and shows:

Installation status:
    72.5 - Even (18V) - Ok
    99 - Odd (13V) - NOT Ok
    99 - Even (18V) - NOT Ok
    101 - Odd (13)V - Ok
    101 - Even (18V) - Ok
    103 - Odd (13V) - NOT Ok
    103 - Even(18V) - NOT Ok
    110 - Even(18V) - Ok
    119 - Odd(13V) - Ok
    119 - Even(18V) - Ok

Does this indicate a satellite alignment problem or multiswitch problem or other?

Advertisements Register Today!

Reigster at SatelliteGuys
  2. iwc5893

iwc5893 PIT MEMBER

BBC 's have failed or are missing...or you have an incorrect dish. What type of setup do you have?
  3. jedivader

jedivader New Member

Installation Error: Tuner 1

I am having the same error pop up. Running installation check, it says I have an error on tuner 1 and shows a tic-tac-toe type box with some checked and some with a red X. I have a Slimline 5 and have a HDDVR that does not give me this error. The one that gives the error is an H21-200. HELP!
  4. ranmic

ranmic Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member

Funny this was brought up........i checked mine this morning because of all of the freezes and pixelation I have been having and i got:

Error on both tuners

99 101 110 119
    Odd(13V) ok ok greyed out X
    Even(18V) ok ok ok X

I have no clue what any of this means. Can anyone shed some light on it.

Sorry athoma00, not trying to hijack your thread.
  5. jdspencer

jdspencer SatelliteGuys Family

The first thing try with any problem is to perform a restart.
  6. ranmic

thanks jd, but I have restarted that receiver more times than I can count.
  7. jdspencer

jdspencer SatelliteGuys Family

Then I'll have to go with the bad BBC suggestion as your 99 and 103 sats report failure.
  8. ranmic

Do I need a BBC if I have a 5LNB SWiM? I also have an HR22 for a DVR.
  9. ranmic

I believe the answer is no, but maybe someone can tell me for sure.
  10. Davedirectv

Davedirectv Active SatelliteGuys Member

No bbc needed.

As for the problem:

I would check my line just to make sure. Although I don't believe it to be the issue.

Make sure all connectors are nice and tight, just to be sure.

But it sounds like an LNB issue at this point.

Or possible alignment, without being there, knowing more, that's what is sounds like to me.
  11. ranmic

Thanks Dave.
  12. rkr0923

rkr0923 Active SatelliteGuys Member

I have the same problem but just on one receiver. Must be a hard drive glitch or something.
  13. Jimbo

Jimbo NW Ohio - Buckeye Country Pub Member / Supporter

Dave,
    I have a question that might help if you can / or someone else ....
    IF your using a SWiM set up with these type of issues, can you disconnect teh Power Inserter and then re set and without the added PI would it pick it up as a older 3-5 LNB slimline set up ?, thus allowing you to check your alignment ?

I am not sure about this, just thought it would be a way for them to check the alignment.

Will you be able to change the LNB set up in the menus seeing it doesn't see the PI voltage ?
    Or wouild they have to make the change out complete by placing the Slimline LNB on as well ?
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  14. Davedirectv

I think i've got the concept you are talking about there, and short answer would be: No.

The boxes put out voltages in the 13v and 18v, while a SWM PI puts out a constant 21v to power the SWM lnb and not allowing the box to put any power to the lnb.
  15. Davedirectv

You've lost your 119 satelite. Either a tree grew up over night, someone put a new billboard. or the LNB has failed.

Did you neighbor put up an addition?

I'm just kidding, mostly.

You just need a new lnb most likely...unless your neighbor really did put up a new addition.

Interesting, you didn't post anything for the 103.
  16. ebms1

ebms1 Member

if this is only on one recvr ,,,

try this ... take off your coax & reset your recvr several times trying to get it to go out of swm more ... then unplug your recvr & connect your coax & plug recvr back in ... trying to get the recvr to select another channel to use

see if you get a change ...

also you might try recvr in another location...

i thought i saw another post that swm was involved
  17. Jimbo

Jimbo NW Ohio - Buckeye Country Pub Member / Supporter

OK, Thats right, I would have to change BOTH ends, which is what I was trying to avoid.
    I was thinking that if I removed the PI (21v) it would see the 13v and 18v, but the SWM LNB is looking for 21v instead.
    I was trying to figure out a way to be able to use both types of recvrs and be able to check them while home, the reg. one goes to the camper, the SWM at home, I was wanting to setup a friends recvr ahead of time for him, but can't here without changing everything out.
  18. videojanitor

videojanitor Member

This is interesting, as I ran into a situation like this just tonight. I was changing my system from SWM back to a conventional multiswitch -- there are three DVRs connected: an HR20-700, HR21-200, and an HR24-500. Of these machines, only the HR21 gave me any trouble -- it kept reporting "X" on the odd channels of the 101 satellite.

I tried everything I could think of: changed cables, BBCs, even the multi-switch and the LNB. No change. Upon each "re-test," I would get error reports for different tuners -- it might say Tuner 1 had a problem, or Tuner 2, or BOTH. However, if I just ignored this error and moved along, I could find NO channels actually missing. Or at least, I checked about 50 SD channels, and they all came in.

I kept running the test (without changing anything else), and eventually it returned no errors and completed normally. :confused:

Perhaps this is some kind of bug in the 21-200?