ESPN 3 avialability for DISH Netwrok Customers

singhnx01

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 21, 2010
Southern California
I know there are other threads about ESPN 3. I want to start this thread for our fellow dish network customers to submit request here and one of DIRT member can forward our request to Dish management. We want the capability to access ESPN 3, ESPN and ESPN 2 through online www.watchESPN.com by logging in with DISH log in.

The app allows access to the entire ESPN family of networks, you only get ESPN 3 access if your ISP is a participating provider, and requires authentication. Currently there are only 3 providers setup to allow access and it would be nice if Dish were added to this, but I am guessing this will get held up along with the ESPNU in HD because of the dispute with Disney

I don't know how many emails i have sent to Centurylink(formally Centurytel) asking for this to be added. we are a small town of 4K but Centurylink is our phone/ISP and have many locations in various states yet the little town 10 miles from us has its own Telco with may 700-1000 customers and they have it! lol crazy

It's a double edged sword for me. I have Time Warner for Internet and Dish for TV. I should qualify under Time Warner, but their system says if I don't get ESPN through cable, I don't get ESPN3. At the same time I get ESPN through Dish Network but I don't get ESPN3.

I'm not going to switch to TW for worse programming and fewer channels just so appease these folks.

I don't know how many emails i have sent to Centurylink(formally Centurytel) asking for this to be added. we are a small town of 4K but Centurylink is our phone/ISP and have many locations in various states yet the little town 10 miles from us has its own Telco with may 700-1000 customers and they have it! lol crazy

Qwest never had it either and now they're part of the Centurylink conglomerate. Sucks here too

It's a double edged sword for me. I have Time Warner for Internet and Dish for TV. I should qualify under Time Warner, but their system says if I don't get ESPN through cable, I don't get ESPN3. At the same time I get ESPN through Dish Network but I don't get ESPN3.

I'm not going to switch to TW for worse programming and fewer channels just so appease these folks.

I have U-Verse for internet and Dish for TV and get ESPN3 access. TV-only U-Verse has a really good price, so I'm happy with my combo.

works just dandy on Comcast Internet (I'm kinda surprised on this one) I have Dish network..no cable TV

so, since the access to ESPN3 is thru your ISP and not thru Dish, the point of this thread is pretty much moot since there isn't anything Dish can do except become and ISP and then they could offer it to you. Who knows, maybe Charlie is planning that as well...

so, since the access to ESPN3 is thru your ISP and not thru Dish, the point of this thread is pretty much moot since there isn't anything Dish can do except become and ISP and then they could offer it to you. Who knows, maybe Charlie is planning that as well...
At some levels, that appears exactly what he's trying to do.

I have Verizon FIOS Internet and Dish for TV,, but espn3 don't let me watch espn1 and esp2..it says I have to subscribe to FIOS TV....

The thread title is a little misleading. What would be nice is for Dish to become one of the providers that can authorize viewing of ESPN, ESPN 2 and ESPN U via the website and ipad/iphone apps. ESPN 3 viewing is dependent upon an affiliated ISP, but viewing the other ESPN family of channels is dependent upon being able to confirm authorization thru a video provider. Right now there are only 3 video providers setup to allow viewing the regular ESPN networks live online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)