Existing Customer Offer .. FREE PS4

digitalblue

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 25, 2010
Saint Louis, MO
Effective June 1 through the end of the year all existing customers that refer 3 new DISH customers will receive a free Sony PS4 and (I'm assuming) a total of $150 bill credits!

Still searching... nothing on the dish website... it still talks about the iPad Minis.

If it is true the the $150 in credits is true as well (get $50 per subscriber you sign up... plus the free PS4.)

I wonder if its true if those who got a free iPad are eligible?

DISH sent out an email after 5p central today detailing the plan. DISH retailers can access the document on Portal. There is no mention of any restrictions related to whether you previously received a free iPad/iPad mini. From what I can tell residential and commercial customers can participate.

Program runs through 12/31/14 and does include programming credits for both the new customer ($50 first month bill credit) and the existing customer ($5/mo x 10 for each referral). Also includes 5 free PPV certificates with the first referral. Referred customer must activate a Hopper system.

I got the Ipad last year. Wonder if I can manage to get a ps4.......looks like it's time to push some dish sales. :)

ps4.JPG

Got the same retailer email a couple of hours ago. I was bummed when I heard the Ipad offer was ending but this offer more than makes up for that IMO.

I hope customers understand the process better than they usually do. I've dealt with it a lot. Customers calling after they've already been installed, trying to claim they were referred. They've gotta be told that the referral certificate # has to be provided at sign-up. Or, my funniest call about this, woman calls looking for her referral credits, says she referred 20 people. I ask how, specifically, she referred them. Her answer? "Well, I talk about you guys on Facebook, about 20 of my friends, they all said they were going to sign up". Shame on us for not following her Facebook feed to see it. When I told her she had to call to get the referral codes, provide to her friends BEFORE they sign up, and that they have to give the code at sign up, she got mad and said that was ridiculous.

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way.

I got the iPad offer a few months ago but I want this instead. I wonder if I can get it if I refer 3 more people again.

I had a friend go through this type of thing not too long ago. He (and I) got the Ipad 2 before xmas last year. Then the promotion switched to Mini. He got 3 more referrals. There is nothing in the fine print that he could find that would exclude him from getting the mini as well. Called several times, and the CSR's all said the same thing. No Mini ever showed up. I don't really care about the mini, but the PS4 could be a nice gift.

What a deal! Only problem is the PS4 isn't backward compatible. I blame Cheep Charlie for that. ;)

Makes me wish I knew people that we're looking to switch TV providers.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I ended up getting 6 referrals and got the iPad which was great but I'd rather have the PS4. I doubt I can get another 3 people to refer.

.......When I told her she had to call to get the referral codes, provide to her friends BEFORE they sign up, and that they have to give the code at sign up, she got mad and said that was ridiculous.

I make sure and request 3 gift cards at the time of activation for every one of my customers and explain to them what to do with them when they arrive.

Curious...do the referral codes ever really expire? When I log in to my Dish acct, there are a ton of available codes listed on the page, but a large majority actually show that they expired earlier in the year or last year. Why keep the codes on the list if they have truly expired?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)