Existing Customer Offer .. FREE PS4

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Got my redemption code in the mail today, and just ordered my PS4! :D

Here's my timeline for those curious how it all played out:

6/13 - Referral 1/3 Activated
7/13 - Referral 2/3 Activated
7/14 - Referral 3/3 Activated
7/25 - Two separate emails received from Dish Rewards; one stating a rewards acct had been created for me w/ login/password for checking status, and second one telling me that my PS4 reward had been qualified for and approved. The email it stated I would receive a voucher in 4-6 weeks.
7/29 - Received another email from Dish Rewards letting me know my voucher was mailed that day. (Wow...that was faster than expected!!!)
7/31 - Letter containing voucher was in the mailbox when I got home. Voucher contained a redemption code, and instructions to call the phone number listed or visit a web address to place the order. (I ordered via website, said it will ship tomorrow, 3-5 day standard shipping)

Thanks Dish! :thumbup

7/25 - Two separate emails received from Dish Rewards; one stating a rewards acct had been created for me w/ login/password for checking status, and second one telling me that my PS4 reward had been qualified for and approved. The email it stated I would receive a voucher in 4-6 weeks.
7/29 - Received another email from Dish Rewards letting me know my voucher was mailed that day. (Wow...that was faster than expected!!!)
7/31 - Letter containing voucher was in the mailbox when I got home. Voucher contained a redemption code, and instructions to call the phone number listed or visit a web address to place the order. (I ordered via website, said it will ship tomorrow, 3-5 day standard shipping)

Very cool. Thanks for the great info. I think I only need one more for my free PS4. This very helpful.

Similar timeline, only mine was about 2 weeks ahead of yours. After submitting redemption code I got an email from Sony estimating shipment on 7/22. On 7/25 got another email letting me know shipment would be 7/29. Received my PS4 on 7/30. Happy. Gonna have to pick up a stand for it as horizontal placement isn't doable for me. Any suggestions on some good kid friendly PS4 games?

What a deal! Only problem is the PS4 isn't backward compatible. I blame Cheep Charlie for that. ;)

Huh??? Sony told the console gaming community that the PS4 would not be backward compatible even before the first PS4 hit the streets. If you want to throw other PS4 issues in here, the PS4 games are tied to your console, so no buying used games,no giving game you don't like to someone else.

What in the world does Charlie have to do with Sony? :cocoBut if you want to pin the PS4 shortcomings on someone I guess you could blame George Bush, they blame him for everything else.:victorious

What in the world does Charlie have to do with Sony? :cocoBut if you want to pin the PS4 shortcomings on someone I guess you could blame George Bush, they blame him for everything else.:victorious
Yespage was clearly being facetious. Not see the wink?

If you want to throw other PS4 issues in here, the PS4 games are tied to your console, so no buying used games,no giving game you don't like to someone else.

Are you sure about that? I know I've been out of the gaming world for several years (last time I was really into it was back in the early PS2 days), but I'm pretty sure I just saw a section of used PS4 games for sale earlier today at BestBuy.

If you want to throw other PS4 issues in here, the PS4 games are tied to your console, so no buying used games,no giving game you don't like to someone else.

When they first announced the XBox One this was going to be how it worked on there. They later backed off that policy. This is not how it works on PS4, you can borrow/trade/sell games all you want and play them on any PS4.

After Microsoft announced their original policy with the XBox One, Sony came out with this video:

Reactions: DWS44
I just got my 3rd referral but the guy didn't get the Hopper. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that to get the PS4 all three of your referrals had to get the Hopper. However, I've read all of the small print and it doesn't say that anywhere. Has anybody heard this? Or better yet, has anyone gotten a PS4 where one or more of their referrals didn't get the Hopper?

I just got my 3rd referral but the guy didn't get the Hopper. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that to get the PS4 all three of your referrals had to get the Hopper. However, I've read all of the small print and it doesn't say that anywhere. Has anybody heard this? Or better yet, has anyone gotten a PS4 where one or more of their referrals didn't get the Hopper?

None of my referrals got a hopper. It's not required.

Are you sure about that? I know I've been out of the gaming world for several years (last time I was really into it was back in the early PS2 days), but I'm pretty sure I just saw a section of used PS4 games for sale earlier today at BestBuy.

I stand corrected. But read the following.......

"Unless Sony and the individual publishers allow individual games to be resold, you will be unable to do so. It's hard to say exactly how the companies will enforce this, but using game licenses that link to individual accounts is a likely strategy.

At present, neither Sony nor any publisher has announced any plans to put restrictions on reselling games. By purchasing a PS4 and its associated software, though, you are agreeing to let Sony restrict how you sell your games if it ever so chooses."

And remember the PS3 and this.......................

"With System Software 3.21 and greater, "Install other OS" feature has been deleted. This feature was previously available on the PlayStation 3 prior to the current slimmer models which launched in September 2009. This feature enabled users to install an operating system, but due to security concerns, this feature has been removed through system software 3.21."

Installing an "other OS was a feature printed right on the retail box. So what they are allowing right now may not hold true in the future.

There are no requirements for either customer to have the Hopper system. All that it is required is for you do be a customer in good standing and for you to refer 3 friends that sign up for qualifying programming.

I'm excited as I had my first referral activated today! Big smile every time I look at that account screen and see it listed there. I was only doing it to get the $5 month off per person on my bill. But, if they also want to throw a game system at me when I get three, that works for me!

I'm excited as I had my first referral activated today! Big smile every time I look at that account screen and see it listed there. I was only doing it to get the $5 month off per person on my bill. But, if they also want to throw a game system at me when I get three, that works for me!

Are you only allowed 1 referral per month? I ask because I KNOW I have more than the single one I listed above this month, yet NONE except the very first one above show on my Dish Network referral page in my account. That first one showed up the first week he subscribed, yet nothing yet on the rest... My bill went down $5.00, and I got my 5 free PPV's. I was hoping to get my bill dropped further.

Are you only allowed 1 referral per month? I ask because I KNOW I have more than the single one I listed above this month, yet NONE except the very first one above show on my Dish Network referral page in my account. That first one showed up the first week he subscribed, yet nothing yet on the rest... My bill went down $5.00, and I got my 5 free PPV's. I was hoping to get my bill dropped further.

It shouldn't matter how many you get per month. I know I've have two in a month and even three in a month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)