Extant

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
What do we know about Extant ?

Anyway: this summer, we’re getting a new science fiction show about an astronaut, courtesy of CBS. The network has ordered thirteen episodes of Extant to be produced; the show started filming a fortnight ago, and will be on the air, in the US at least, from July. Here’s everything we know about it so far:It stars Halle Berry,
Other actors that we know have been cast in Extant include: Alisha Boe (of Paranormal Activity 4 and Modern Family); Pierce Gagnon (from Looper and One Tree Hill); Grace Gummer (from American Horror Story and The Newsroom); Sergio Harford (from Without A Trace); Camryn Manheim (The Ghost Whisperer and Harry’s Law); Michael O’Neill (NCIS and Transformers); Hiroyuki Sanada (The Wolverine and Lost); and Goran Visnjic (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and Leverage).It´s got robots and probably an alien invasion.Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/extant/...-about-new-sci-fi-series-extant#ixzz2tuWaK2E5

Tessa Ferrer Joins CBS's Extant

Tessa Ferrer has joined the cast of CBS's Halle Berry-fronted summer series, TVGuide.com has confirmed.Executive-produced by Steven Spielberg, the mystery thriller stars Berry as an astronaut who returns from a year-long journey in space and attempts to reconnect with her husband (Goran Visnjic) and android son. Ferrer will recur as Katie Sparks, an over-achieving astronaut and the daughter of Michael O'Neill's Alan Sparks, who serves as the director of the ISEA.
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Tessa-Ferrer-Extant-1080286.aspx

These sort of shows never live up to my expectations.
Been burned too many times.
And "network"? That doesn't inspire me, either.
We'll see.
Edit: and where the Spielberg name meant something a few decades ago, not so much any more.

Last edited:
These sort of shows never live up to my expectations.
Been burned too many times.
And "network"? That doesn't inspire me, either.
We'll see.
Edit: and where the Spielberg name meant something a few decades ago, not so much any more.

They did a decent job with Under the Dome, maybe CBS will really try to build a summer schedule.

At least Spielberg´s dinosaur show on Fox "Terra Nova" went quickly extinct, I remember watching the first episode with high expectations, watched 3 or 4 episodes at the most, but the show didnt´quite meet my expectations.

The series is as much a family drama as it is a story about artificial intelligence, the growing fear of technology and a thriller exploring if humanity is something that can be taught.

For the 5 things: hollywoodreporter.com
The series will follow a model just like its summer companion Under the Dome, meaning if the show is successful, it would continue on with a second season -- with Berry returning as its lead, producers said. In other words, don't let its billing as an "event" or "limited" series throw you -- this is a cable model 13-episode drama