FAQ - Glorystar Christian Satellite Systems

Maybe i missed it, but what exactly is Glorystar? Does it sell equipment with programing to get FTA from others or does it rent transponders and seek programing from suppliers to provide Christian channels? How is it financed if it's free?

Basically all the Glorystar and other faith based channels are available with any FTA system. What the Glorystar system does is just give you everything you need in one kit for easy setup and the receiver is pre-programmed for the faith based channels along with the unique dual LNB setup for getting the 2 sats at once.

One thing I liked about the Glorystar setup is that it uses standard and quality FTA equipment (such as the popular Mercury II receiver). So in the future you could easily go to 1 LNB and just add a motor and you've got a standard FTA setup.

The pre-programmed receiver will be very helpful and it will update itself soon with new channels but you can easily wipe that out and use it as a "normal" FTA receiver.

I think what they are aiming for is a system that will be easier to setup and use for the millions of non-techy people that would want faith based channels, similar to the Sky Angel system. Plug it in and go.

That's what I see anyway.

Somewhere I read that Glorystar is about fifty per-cent adventist. What denominations are represented in the channel line-up?

Of the 45 channels currently offered on the Glorystar Christian satellite system, 7 channels align with Adventist beliefs. Most of the Glorystar channels are not specifically aligned with a particular religion.

The current Glorystar channel list is available in this thread.

My wife is Adventist and as far as I know the following are Adventist:

3ABN
3ABN Latino
3ABN Radio
LLBN
Hope Channel
Esperanza TV (I think it's the spanish version of Hope)

Not sure about any others.

Channels

I'm trying to figure out what video channels are on the Glorystar system in English. According to the FTA list there are very few religious channels http://www.ftalist.com/english.htm But, on the Glorystar site they say they have much more that isn't even listed. I'm confused. http://www.glorystar.tv/mmatv/images/glorystarlineup.html Also, I can't tell what the ones are in English what is audio only. I'm not interested in foreign or radio. Can anyone tell me who has Glorystar? :wave

Here is what I know in terms of channels on AMC4
**=audio only
*=not in english

3ABN
3ABN Latino*
3ABN radio**
3ABN channel 74**
GCN*
Bethel TV*
Gospel Music
Miracle Network
Esperanza*
Hope TV
Lifetalk Radio**
LLBN

on IA5
Daystar
Lifesat
CNL*
Word Network
Spirit1**
TV Cancao Nova*
LoveWorld
TBN
Church Channel
God's Learning
TBN Russia*
TBN Enlace*
WRN**
Smile Of a child
Emmanuel TV
KNLB**
JCTV
RBN*
Telepace*
Old Path

There might be more but most of the non-English channels I have deleted from the setup :)

In the near future, Glorystar channels will also be available at a very nominal charge via IPTV. Once again our goal is to provide distribution of Christian content programming using high quality equipment, providing excellent customer satisfaction at the lowest possible cost to the broadcaster and the viewer!

When is this going to happen? and do you already know how much the nominal charge will be? :hungry: Im ready!!! :p

English Glorystar Channels

These channels are in English:

TBN www.tbn.org

Smile of a Child www.soac.com

The Church Channel www.churchchannel.org

JCTV www.jctv.org

Hope Channel www.hopetv.org

Daystar www.daystar.com

The Miracle Channel www.miraclechannel.ca

The Word Network www.thewordnetwork.com

Loma Linda Broadcasting Network, LLBN www.llbn.tv

GMTN, Gospel Music Television Network www.gmtn.info

LifeSAT www.lifesattv.org

Global Christian Network www.gcntv.org

Emmanuel TV http://emmanueltv.org

GLC www.godslearningchannel.com

3ABN www.3abn.org

LoveWorld www.loveworldchristiannetwork.org
LifeTalk Radio Network www.lifetalk.net
The Overcomer www.overcomerministry.org
3ABN Radio www.3abn.org/radio.cfm
Spirit1 Radiowww.spirit1.us
KNLB Radio www.knlb.com
Radio 74 www.radio74.net

Will this be computer access only or also iptv set top box? I assume you will still need high speed internet?

My wife is Adventist and as far as I know the following are Adventist:

3ABN
3ABN Latino
3ABN Radio
LLBN
Hope Channel
Esperanza TV (I think it's the spanish version of Hope)

Not sure about any others.

This is an old thread, but is the info in the quote true?
These ARE adventist channels?
Thanks
Kodaz

This is an old thread, but is the info in the quote true?
These ARE adventist channels?
Thanks
Kodaz

Yes and a lot more then that now. Free Christian Satellite Television - No Monthly Fees from Glorystar Christian Satellite!

Hope Channel
LLBN TV
3ABN English
Amazing Facts TV
Amazing Discoveries
3ABN Proclaim
Hope Church Channel
Esperanza TV (Spanish Hope)
3ABN Latino
LLBN Arabic
LLBN Chinese
3ABN Radio
LifeTalk Radio*
Radio 74*

LifeTalk and several other channels also do carry Adventist programming on their schedule but are not specifically Adventist 24x7.

On the page I linked above you can click to each channel's web site to see their programming.

3ABN in particular has added quite a few new channels since they moved to the new sat.

Reactions: kodaz