Favorite Android Apps

The lack of immediate need for AV on Android is no different than on OS X or *nix and so on. The "bad" people simply aren't actively targeting these systems (yet).

So for Android devices what Apps are folks using for lets say you lost your device or it gets stolen so needs to be wiped what apps are folks using to protect your devices?

So for Android devices what Apps are folks using for lets say you lost your device or it gets stolen so needs to be wiped what apps are folks using to protect your devices?

Nothing right now.

Mine connects to a Corporate exchange server, so 3 fails on the pin and it gets wiped.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

lookout security & antivirus app works well for this although it's not free.

I use Samsung's samsungdive.com for tracking, locking or wiping my S3 and Trustgo Security for virus scans.

Cool thanks for the feedback everyone. Yeah looks like I might be getting my first Android device my current WP device is on it's last leg so we are waiting to hear back from a Sprint Rep. But most likely will be getting the new HTC One I really like HTC hardware and some of the things they add to them but it just looks like a really nice device. I think the device ships with Lookout so I will probably go with that plus the extra security that comes with Exchange as well. If there are any good official Apps out there that folks like let me know I know we have a Android App thread but will take some feedback on that as well. I will use the common stuff like ESPN so forth but let me know if there are others out there that are good I will check out the Android App thread more. I usually only load what I use I'm not the type that loads everything that's out there. Also let me know about some good covers as well something that's not too bulky that will fit in a case that you can wear on the side. Otter Box has some good stuff but the one with a belt clip seems to be to bulky for me so been looking at some Incipio stuff their stuff seems to offer good protection but not too overkill.

Anyone know of some Apps or sites to get some good Live Wallpapers?? Trying to get a idea of things to look at loading on my new device and get things ready ahead of time also do any of you use the HTC Sync Manager. Any just some suggestions of Apps and Live Wallpapers that you guys have been using or would recommend and thanks for the input.

Anyone know of some Apps or sites to get some good Live Wallpapers?? Trying to get a idea of things to look at loading on my new device and get things ready ahead of time also do any of you use the HTC Sync Manager. Any just some suggestions of Apps and Live Wallpapers that you guys have been using or would recommend and thanks for the input.

I like this app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.zedge.android

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Cool thanks for the feedback everyone. Yeah looks like I might be getting my first Android device my current WP device is on it's last leg so we are waiting to hear back from a Sprint Rep. But most likely will be getting the new HTC One I really like HTC hardware and some of the things they add to them but it just looks like a really nice device. I think the device ships with Lookout so I will probably go with that plus the extra security that comes with Exchange as well. If there are any good official Apps out there that folks like let me know I know we have a Android App thread but will take some feedback on that as well. I will use the common stuff like ESPN so forth but let me know if there are others out there that are good I will check out the Android App thread more. I usually only load what I use I'm not the type that loads everything that's out there. Also let me know about some good covers as well something that's not too bulky that will fit in a case that you can wear on the side. Otter Box has some good stuff but the one with a belt clip seems to be to bulky for me so been looking at some Incipio stuff their stuff seems to offer good protection but not too overkill.

I got my One at Costco. It came with a silicone back cover but no belt holster. I got one on eBay for $4.78! It fits in the case even with the silicone cover on. http://www.ebay.com/itm/321077616746