Favorites Disappearing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KHG

Original poster
Jan 31, 2015
Cameron,Nc
Got a new Hopper and 2 Joeys.The last 2 days,my Favorites lists deletes channels below 120 etc......and adds Dish VOD channels.Is updates at night causing this,and is there any way to resolve this? Thanks....

How long since install? Hopper generally takes 2-3 days to settle in.

Same here. Just started happening the last 2 days. I've had the Hopper and 2 Joeys setup for over a year now, so I don't think it's the new setup. Any ideas? I've done the normal restarts.

I noticed this yesterday...lost all below around 180 in my favorites on my Joey...though my wife's favorites on the HWS it links to are still OK. I haven't checked the other HWS or other 2 Joeys yet. Odd indeed.

Same problem here that started yesterday. Rebuilt favorites list but after a bit the channels are gone again. Using a regular Joey. The Dish hopper forum has a thread going on it.

Same problem here, all "Favorite" guides have been replaced with the long list of VOD's. A "Social Media Representative" (DISH representative) at the DISH support forums says DISH is aware of the problem. Stay tuned...

Good Morning Y'all,
My Hopper/ Joey was just installed a month or so ago and was great for a while then, bammo, I have also started having this problem. I am guessing this coincides with some software update, but I have now idea - just that it's bloody annoying! So far I see here a lot of questions... has anyone gotten any resolution to this issue?

Thanks for the info - I found this one too. I also found a workaround in another thread - I don;t remember which one JJonah was in - that seems to work for me. Apparently this problem is related to the VOD on channel 1. If they are turned on things seem to work ok. If I turn them off - BAM - things disappear! See below.

"Postby jjonah11 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:43 pm

After having the same problem and rebuilding my list EVERY day for about two weeks, I finally figured out that it was the OnDemand content on channel 1 overwriting my channels. A couple of days ago I experimented with adding channel 1 to my list and PRESTO!--no more deleting my channels.

So far anyway..."

Great, so now we have a work around. DIsh Software people - get us a fix please!

With the latest software update that Dish has rolled out in the last day or so, has the disappearing channels on joey customized guide menus been fixed? Dish tech rep told me this was part of this update. Anyone know what the update number is so I can see if I got it yet? Thanks in Advance! Gary

I haven't heard of a new software release yet. 517, I think 602 is the H2K, and 388 for Joeys. I beleive those are the current ones.

Also, if you go to the system info screen, menu menu, it will tell you what day and time your software version was Downloaded.

Thanks for your reply. I spoke to tech support yesterday as my hopper was acting up. That is when I was told that an update was rolling out. The hoppers and joeys would be acting up during the update process. It would be completed in the next 24-48 hours. I asked about the guide menu issue on the joeys. I was told that a fix was part if the update. I spoke to a tech support rep not a CSR. I hope I was not being sandbagged. I will be a bit horked off if the information is not accurate. Thanks Again. Gary

Sounds like crap to me. Besides, ask some of the folks, the updates usually take a couple weeks to roll out to everyone, and you would see a thread on this page titled with the update, if one was available to ANYONE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)