FCC law regarding ALL video receiving antennas, i.e. OTA, FTA, DBS, etc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
And what is that 'fee' used for? I.E: What 'service' is provided you by the HOA's said fee?
well lets see. When I lived in my townhouse it included
-garbage
-insurance on the outside of the building
-lawncare and snow removal
-upkeep on the buildings...again all the outside of the building was covered by the HOA. So if a window broke they would replace it. The decks were our responsibility if we wanted to replace it (there were a few that didnt have decks).
-the driveways to the units (it wasnt a private road but long driveways)

Again..common sense applies. I agree HOA's are necessary for certain things like house color, junk cars, yards....etc I respect that! I have been a Ham since 1999 and I have lived in an apartment or two and faced these problems. Now I own my own home, and I do not have any HOA restrictions, but there are city codes to follow. I am in the process of finding 5 acres, and I will make sure I can put up a modest ham tower. If I am going to spend my hard earned money, I really do not need an HOA telling me I cannot plant a modest FTA farm, and a Ham antenna farm. I do appreciate the HOA keeping out the junk, but please do not restrict licensed ham operators which can provide emergency communications in time of a natural disaster, because when the time comes it will be appreciated. The little cell phones will be useless! Better have a land-line or know a ham.

I used to live in an appartment in Winnipeg for a while, the appartment manager allowed and even helped me install some of my ham antennas on the roof. Everyone was ok with that I guess, but I had to be careful when on certain frequencies on VHF, it interfered with cable channel 18 which was the country music channel. That happened to be the appartment manager's favourite channel!
I used to do a lot of HF contesting, and one time there was an 80m sprint where I loaded the appartment building's eave troughs for my antenna. It worked great, even made an Austrailian contact that night. Then a couple days later I heard the neighbour upstairs had to replace their TV; it had made a horrible noise a couple nights before and died. I decided to end my HF contesting at that point...
I soon moved back into the country where I am now, no worries about towers or dishes, and certainly no HOA! :)

Unfortunately my rental office is paranoid that a dish would fly off the roof and kill someone, even though the one I have was on the roof at work for 16 years with no issue... At least I have a decent antenna on the balcony for now. I'm still considering getting a bigger one, which would baaaaaarely work without hanging over the edge and into "common space" 18 feet above ground level.

My apartment complex gets mad at me for anything I do with tv antenna or dish I am always fighting to keep are home and sanity. Living there for 19 years for 13 years we had no problem with them then in 09 all hell broke out and dishes were banned then all out war against the tenants. We couldn't keep people here for more 3 months its sad then other management took over thought it was was fine it wasn't. My mom has been sick trying to recover from her amputation and has been harassed over and over from the management. Then a pha policy was passed that you can have pets but no dishes its alright for someone to have a dog that poops on the lawn but my dish is so wrong. This is complete udder B.S one destroy property the other one sits there and does nothing.

So month after month its battle to keep are home now they are coming up with something new thing take down your tv antenna I have had that for 5 years with no problem then there doing this all over again. So I am at my wits end it says in our handbook that you have the righf to peaceful enjoyment out of your home I guess that doesn't count for the management it doesn't apply to them. Sorry to go on like this but this is frustrating thank you guys for listening.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)