Firefox 3.5

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Saw the link on the firefox google page for the new firefox 3.5 beta, which they reported as being 2x faster than 3.0. So I decided to bite. And try it. And in the 10 minutes I was running it, it really did seem zippy. SatGuys seemed to be ripping along, much faster than normal.

BUT it definitely is a beta. Scrapbook, which is probably the most important extension I use (to capture copies of pages visited), is currently incompatible; I noticed little glitches in Facebook; and the google toolbar completely was screwy with it. Decided I could not be the tester, and re-downloaded 3.0.10 or whatever the current is. Back in business, but I sure look forward to the 3.5 version being finalized and made more user friendly. :)

In the past 24 hours it went into a pre-release version... and I saw on Lifehacker.com that it is going official later this week. Hmmm.... sounds like the microsoft way of going official. Put out a bug-infested program and let people beta test it.

I'll try again in a day or so, to see if my apps work, I would really like the speed. But not at the cost of google toolbar or Scrapbook.

Then I guess I don't need to worry about dl 3.0.11

Anyone know if downloading 3.5 and restarting will keep all your current tabs open?

Downloaded 3.5 last night. Way faster, I think. They did change "Clear Private Data" to "Clear Recent History". It's the same thing, but with a new name. The "Private Browsing" is a cool addition, if you need that feature. The best thing is that I can sign on to several sites now that would stop the process for some reason. I think it had to do with Google ad-ons. I don't really know if that was the problem, I'm just glad I do not have to run IE8 and 3.5 at the same time anymore.

I've been using it on the netbook, it works pretty well. Still waiting for scrapbook to get upgraded to support 3.5 before installing it on my main machines.

Just downloaded the final version - and found a workaround for my problem with Scrapbook. Scrapbook+ works just fine, and now I am cruising along in high speed on the FF3.5 highway. :)

I just downloaded it too. Still doesn't fix the problems I have been having with the google toolbar not wanting to always show all my shortcuts. IE doesn't do it either though.

I just downloaded it too. Still doesn't fix the problems I have been having with the google toolbar not wanting to always show all my shortcuts. IE doesn't do it either though.

My google bookmarks are fine in 3.5; how many do you have?

Speaking of google bookmarks, I still am absolutely blown away that CHROME does not support the stinking google toolbar. I might have jumped ship if it weren't for that. But with this zippy firefox I am pretty happy. :D

My google bookmarks are fine in 3.5; how many do you have?

Speaking of google bookmarks, I still am absolutely blown away that CHROME does not support the stinking google toolbar. I might have jumped ship if it weren't for that. But with this zippy firefox I am pretty happy. :D

I have 11 of them. Sometimes they show up and sometimes they don't. I have to keep opening and closing the browser until they show up.

I have 11 of them. Sometimes they show up and sometimes they don't. I have to keep opening and closing the browser until they show up.

I'd uninstall and reinstall the toolbar. I have 25 categories of bookmarks and at least that many un-categorized ones, and there are no problems at all.

I'd uninstall and reinstall the toolbar. I have 25 categories of bookmarks and at least that many un-categorized ones, and there are no problems at all.

It isn't the bookmarks. It is the google toolbar icon shortcuts.

Nfusion HD card

WoW, I am impressed with Dell's customer service..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts