FIRST LOOK - Hopper OTA Module

I can not remember if there is a back usb port on the hopper. If so will it work there? If not, wont that look kind of gimpy hanging off the front of the unit? I am going to get one, just had that thought.

There is a port in the back for the USB :)

msmith198025 said:
I can not remember if there is a back usb port on the hopper. If so will it work there? If not, wont that look kind of gimpy hanging off the front of the unit? I am going to get one, just had that thought.

There are two in the back.

Sent from my Phone using SatelliteGuys

There is a port in the back for the USB :)
Good deal. I had not looked (or had no reason to look) before.

I know that the description on the dish website shows it plugged into the front, thats one reason I was curious.

BTW I should note we have had a number of SatelliteGuys members using the OTA tuner for awhile now. If they want they can identify themselves and help other members with any OTA questions you might have. :D

Thanks Scott, I was one of the OTA Testers, if you have anyone has any questions please feel to ask, anyway I can try to help and provide info I will

Christmas came early! I can finally get a hopper. I have a question, though. When I do upgrade to the hopper, is this device something the installer would bring along and hook up for me at the time, or would I have to order it and install it myself?

Christmas came early! I can finally get a hopper. I have a question, though. When I do upgrade to the hopper, is this device something the installer would bring along and hook up for me at the time, or would I have to order it and install it myself?

Not sure, but I would think as you are placing the order you would add the OTA and then a Tech would bring it for install, not sure though

Thanks for posting and for the info, looks promising.

When DIRT can order these for us, I'm in for a 1H upgrade from my 722.

Great, now what will everyone complain about? On to the next feature that everyone wants.

===Prediction on new complaint thread===

OTA channels missing guide data. With out manual timers we will need Dish to add guide data. I looked at the charts for my DMA, I am missing guide data for 2 already.

I just ordered Two, if every one orders Two they will run out soon :)

Does anyone recommend a good indoor ota antenna to be use with the ota module?

Also can one access the it's programming from the ota module by way of Dish Remote access or Dish Online?

Just ordered one. Can't wait for it to get here.

THANKS SCOTT FOR THE GREAT INFO THIS SITE PROVIDES!

I just ordered mine. Now all I need is S229 and S278 for the Hopper and Joey. Manual timers will be nice to have but its not something major for me.

Just to supplement what Scott said about guide data, from his description it is receiving that data exactly as a VIP612 does. It's been a mystery why Springfield Mass data from CBS and NBC (The two they carry) does not populate to those in CT who can receive those channels.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)