FIRST LOOK - Hopper OTA Module

I do think you had to hit MENU (I said Settings in my previous comment) and it was obviously not very intuitive, hence most people didn't realize the workaround.

If you have a hdmi hd hooked up... Ehd and a sling hooked up... Unless you unplug one of those you can't hook up the ota dongle correct???
HDMI is irrelevant.

You can use a USB hub(preferably powered) to increase the number of available USB ports.

I got mine installed today. Reception is quite good! It is better than my Samsung TV at bringing in a solid signal on all the channels I care to get OTA. Well worth the $30

I get 42 local OTA channels, including, Bounce, MYTV, Country Videos, Weather Nation, and many more. Not bad for a small town.

anyone who go the ota doogle i am planning on ordering one this week i would like to know if anyone lives close to me and it works on the hopper how many stations can you pull using one.i live about 100 miles southwest of chicago and 50 miles from bloomington illinois any help would be appreciated.thanks allen

Even with an outdoor antenna, it would require an almost perfect setup to get the Chicago stations. I think even Bloomington won't be simple without a tower. Even talking about an indoor antenna at these distances is laughable.

I love that the south mountain, where the antennas are located, are 14.1 miles away from me, as the crow flys.

i have a friend of mine works at the family video store uses a indoor antenna and he can get all the peoria and bloomington stations he was using it the other day to get fox to watch the bears game he brought it to work with him.

Living on top of a small hill with a roof top antenna with a booster, I can receive ota from Syracuse NY. Using TVfool, their antennas are 58 miles from me. Rochester antenna are 18 miles. So, with a good roof top and booster, he should have no problems with Bloomington. To even have a chance with Chicago he would need a large UHF antenna, booster and a rotor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)