Flash Forward

a few thoughts.... I do not see this as a companion piece to Lost in anyway, and after 3 episodes I am unclear what to make of it. I appreciate the "mystery" but it is very slow. It is interesting, but not particularly compelling.

This week's episode was slow. It promised a ton of stuff but didn't reveal much. The good news is it did stick to the mystery. I am still interested enough to watch another week.

See ya
Tony

Yep. It's a delicate balance. If they reveal too much and move too fast they do not have enough story to fill the time. If they drag it out too much we will lose interest and stop watching ****COUGH*****lost***COUGH****.

See ya
Tony

I think it has 2 or 3 more episodes left for me to demonstrate if it is worth while. The pace needs to pick up. Right now, I would not give it more than a 13 episode run, but hopefully I will be wrong.

I think they're doing alright with the pacing right now. Pretty much every episode has revealed something about one or two items on the board.

You have to think too, if they're building towards the season finale being the date of the flash, then we already know that on that date, they hadn't solved the mystery yet. Why else would he still be in his office going over clues when the gunmen came for him? He's probably getting close but is missing a few key details still.

Also, I'm not sure, but in the airport scene this week, did the star on the banner match the stars on the gunmen's tattoos?

Tonight's episode led me to believe that 100 million or more people worldwide would have died in the 2+ minutes they blacked-out: people driving cars, people crossing roads or on sidewalks, people flying in aircraft, people swimming or in water, folks working with industrial tools, people just knocking their mellons on the concrete, etc. Ok, make that 200 million.

Touche! But you have to tell us about your flash forward.;)

I saw myself deleting the timer and watching something else on Thursday night and as I opened Satelliteguys I see a new thread saying "FlashForward canceled due to ratings" as I was about to reply it was over.

I guess thats wishful thinking on your part.

FlashForward

I would have to agree with DigiBlur, the first episodes were good and the ratings were good enough to finish out the season. If the episodes continue like last night I too see cancellation in the flash forward future.

The episode just dragged on. I used the 30 second skip a lot. Will the doctor be able to resist the passionate love of the patient's father she cannot seem to get rid of? Will they be able to use knowledge of the future to cure things today? Will terrorist chick keep messing with their minds... Tune in next week as the world turns slower towards the future.

I just copied the episode guide from abc.com...for a moment I thought I was reading relationship banter from an episode of All My Chidren. :confused:

Mark and Demetri argue about their cases, Olivia and Bryce disagree on how to treat a patient and Nicole hopes to atone for something she hasn’t done yet.

Demetri questions the terrorist suspect he and Mark captured the day of the blackout. She claims to be Alda Hertzog, though we’re not sure how many of her multiple fake passports actually bear that name. Alda throws the feds a bone when she mentions something called Customer Choice Restaurant Group located in a town called Indio, which has had multiple wiretaps in the past. Alda unnerves Demetri by making an offhanded comment about him running out of time. You just know Dem’s still anxious about that ominous anonymous phone call he received.

Against Mark’s wishes, Demetri talks Wedeck into letting them go to Indio where they investigate a restaurant that is supposedly owned by Customer Choice Restaurant Group. A shady looking man bolts out of the place when he hears Mark and Demetri are with the FBI. When they catch the runner, he turns out to be nothing more than a lowlife Russian drug dealer.

Demetri is beyond frustrated. He gives the loudmouth dealer a little tune up until Mark jumps in. Then Demetri starts in on him, claiming he’s sick of following leads from Mark’s flash. Mark thinks Demetri’s real issue is that he didn’t have a flash and he’s losing perspective. Demetri finally tells his partner about the anonymous call he received saying that he’s going to be murdered on March 15th. Mark tells him that’s why the Mosaic investigation is so important. He says, “We can use what we saw to stop what we saw.”

Fox to Add More Animated Shows

ABC New Primetime Shows - Fall 2011

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)