For those current customers with service calls logged:

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lobstah

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 6, 2004
I just rec'd email saying that VOOM had cancelled my service call, and that I would not be billed for any services as of the date of the call.

Lob

yes, that is what i post early that they had pull all installs and service call from are system.

t

read

NEW YORK -- Cablevision Systems Corp., a New York area cable TV provider, said it would proceed with a shutdown of its money-losing satellite TV venture called Voom.

In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission released early Friday, Cablevision said the service would no longer be available to customers as of April 30.

The move represented a defeat for Cablevision's chairman and founder Charles Dolan, who had championed the service. His son James, Cablevision's CEO, had sided with board members who opposed it, leading to a bitter family feud.

Investors, who had long been skeptical about Voom's prospects, applauded the company's belated move to exit the satellite business, sending Cablevision's shares up 25 cents. or 1%, to $28.09 in midday trading on the New York Stock Exchange.

I have a service call for rcvr #2 on 4/12

I was not called and no email

I assume this is cancelled, but knowing how their install group works, it probably never even got in the service database.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts