Forbes thinks Windows could surpass iOS in just three years

I just don't see Windows phones as taking a large share of the market. Unless they hide the fact that the phone is based on Windows, and maybe not even then.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If Windows penetrate the foreign market, it will come from multi-sourced, low cost handsets.
That's how Android got where it is.
I know Apple now has their finger into the lucrative Chinese market, but are they going to make a low-end handset to compete?
Apple has the high end by the throat (in perception, if not in fact), and does risk fizzling out one day, much like BlackBerry and their business-beloved system. :)
Setting a timeframe is pretty egotistical, so I'm just acknowledging the possibility.
As for Windows Phone being the next big thing, who knows?
Wouldn't be the first technological change I despised, that took over the market! ;)

Nokia could pull it off. They're a trusted brand, and folks moving from a Nokia feature phone might be more likely to try a Nokia smartphone. And that means Windows Phone 8.

I could see them passing iPhones in volume, but $$ may be different. Nokia could start to pump out some really inexpensive Windows phones. Apple on the other hand still wants to have a premium price.

Its possible. Overseas growth is pretty impressive.

I have not seen the numbers that would support or refute that claim. Is this impressive growth on a percentage basis? If so, that's a crap measure because they haven't sold crap before so doubling poor sales is not particularly impressive.

The other part of that is whose market share are they taking? Blackberry is the obvious answer.

While we are on this topic..

Can anyone explain why if Windows Phone is so gosh darn awesome I'd read something like The Verge's report on a Nokia Android phone.

Seems like if life were so uber awesome, there'd be no need for even investigating such a product.

While we are on this topic..

Can anyone explain why if Windows Phone is so gosh darn awesome I'd read something like The Verge's report on a Nokia Android phone.

Seems like if life were so uber awesome, there'd be no need for even investigating such a product.

Nokia has been developing the Android-powered phone despite Microsoft’s plans to acquire the company’s handset business. It’s now unclear whether Nokia will release the handset before the Microsoft deal is finalized, or whether Microsoft will continue with the plans for the device.

It seems pretty obvious to me. This was done before the Windows started its takeover of Nokia, and it seems to have been a struggling handset maker exploring any and all options to remain a viable competitor.

Much like HTC did by making the 8X. It had nothing to do with android being "uber awesome" or not. It had to do with HTC clawing for sales, by any means necessary.

Until someone figures out that it isn't the cost of the OS that's an issue...

Enjoy the cash on hand while it lasts MS... The ship has sailed.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)