Fox is attacking the Hopper, Sling Adapter and Dish Anywhere now

Next FOX will sue Dish over the VIP Series because it has two tuners built in, and FOX will want a fee per receiver in each household. Then they will sue over the use of OTA Modules because it's a back door for Dish subs to access their affiliates during times of program disputes. Then they will add a Kangaroo as a new mascot and sue over the logo for the Hopper/Joey.

As many of you said. They can't win Autohop, so they will throw everything including the kitchen sink at Dish hoping to get "revenge". When that fails, they will pull a CSN Philly and price all their networks off of Dish.

Shhh, don't give Fox ideas.

I agree with you on Joe Buck. Or how I call him, Joe Phuck.

I went to pay my internet bill and saw this advertised.
suddenlinktivostream.JPG

Sounds almost exactly what FOX is suing DISH for in regards of transfers to Ipads and watching recordings online. Watch out Suddenlink and TiVo because if DISH loses I bet you're next.

Doesn't facilitate commercial skipping.

Your mixing up lawsuits.

They are now also suing them for letting people transfer shows from their DVR to their iPads. Which is what that Suddenlink ad is showing.. and is also what the DIRECTV Nomad allows you to do as well.

Shouldn't Dish be safe from any lawsuits on the transfer ability? I thought the main reason it took Dish so long to get that feature out was due to legalities. Once they got around all the copyright crap they were good to go.

TiVo Stream will be limited in what you can transfer. TiVo was very forthcoming with the networks and made sure everyone was on the same page with it's development.

That said, since Fox is available OTA, they're going to have a hard time arguing the whole "not free to all" thing... which, I'd think may make the argument to allow the Hopper to continue.

The best thing I could see coming from this is, the Hopper / Dish is redesigned to contain an OTA antenna and tuner .. let the Hopper do it's thing with any signal that comes in OTA.. and if Dish is passing through a channel, disable the Hopper to those stations only, and that's if it comes down to it.

And what makes it different then the DIRECTV NOMAD which does the same thing and has been out for close to 3 years?
Because it's DISH and not DirecTV! For some reason it is a Sport nowadays to try to cripple DISH.
Perhaps Charlie pi$$ed off the Networks too much with his Networks negotiation practices...

Simple reason seems that with piracy down these people can't blame it for their poor performance. So now they want to restrict legal ways of watching & force people back into piracy.

I watch a lot of foreign programming, that is not made available in the US, via a VPN an a few via other means. It is not hard to find much of the US tv programming available online within a couple hours of its US airing, and I am not talking Netflix, Hulu, Itunes or Amazon.

The BBC and Discovery finally figured out it was hurting the ratings by holding BBC programming back from US viewers and now makes a lot of their programming available same day or same week on BBC America. The US nets should be doing the same. The US nets should be importing more foreign english language programming too.

All articles posted just prove that more draconian rules = more pirating.

Cant find the link to the report, but I read that with services like Netflix & Itunes/Amazon etc....people are now using the legal way to get their contents more & more...& that the piracy is down.
comfortably_numb put it right. When companies make it hard to get content, or to do what they want with said content, that is when people start pirating. People will tolerate ads and paying for content when it's easy for them. Here's a good example. AMC's the Walking Dead. They are great to put older seasons on Netflix, which is great!!!! But what about current season? You can't even watch it on their website. If I missed an episode I would be glad to watch ads to see it, but it's not even on their website, so how do I watch it? I have to pirate it. New movies on blu-ray, many come with a digital copy. but that digital copy is so locked down and copy protected that You can't use it where ever you want. Lets say I have an xbox, PS3, apple TV, android table, ipad and iphone. If the digital copy is from iTunes, great, iPad, Iphone and apple TV will play it. The rest won't. If it's from ultraviolet, xbox, ps3 and a few others will play it, but not the apple TV. And different movies use different companies, so if you build a library of 300+ movies, and they are all in different services, you loose it real quick real fast, so, why not download a copy from the torrents. That one copy will play on all devices. This is what the music industry learned and why now when you buy music from iTunes, Amazon, Zune, it is unprotected MP3's, and you can play them on ANYTHING you want.

When you lock things down is where piracy starts to take over. Locking things down can take the form of not letting people consume your content for what ever reason (like latest episodes of The Walking Dead), or making it where that content can't be played on any device the consumer has. If everyone has apple devices, Mac's, Apple TV, iPad's, iPhones and iPods, then iTunes is GREAT for movies and TV shows. You buy them there, you can watch them on all your devices. Now, just as soon as the wife or one of the kids likes an Android tablet more than an iPad, now iTunes sucks because that one person can't watch that content.

To be fair,TWD is available via Amazon and Itunes,and vudu,the next day.I agree with most of what you said though.The MPAA needs to re-evaluate how they offer their content.The biggest issue they have is greed.

To be fair,TWD is available via Amazon and Itunes,and vudu,the next day.I agree with most of what you said though.The MPAA needs to re-evaluate how they offer their content.The biggest issue they have is greed.
Ahh, I stand corrected and that's good that TWD is available the next day there. I don't buy TV shows so I didn't know, but the concept still holds true and many other providers do what I explained.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts