Fox is attacking the Hopper, Sling Adapter and Dish Anywhere now

I think it is to the point that they have a team of lawyers looking at every possible avenue to kill the hopper. At least Dish is a multi billion dollar corporation that will not roll over and submit. If they were a startup they would probably be out of money by now.

Forget the lawyers ... the next time Fox O&O stations and cable network contracts come up, the stations will get yanked unless Dish kills Autohop. Unless Disney does it first this fall when their contracts expire.

I loved my Hoppers and never even used PTAT.

If I was to lose say the Fox local, that doesnt affect the OTA and guide function does it? Just the sat feed.

I went out to lunch and the place I went to had the TV on with the volume off. Not even sure what channel it was, but they were talking about this lawsuit and at the bottom of the screen it said something like "Judge admits to owning DVR and recording with it."

Does FOX think the judge is a criminal now too?

Litigating your way out of impending obscurity is not Fox's answer. They will only serve to piss customers off and drive them even further away from the traditional TV model they are trying so hard to protect.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I wonder if there are any judges that do not have a DVR?

How about a VCR? Or hell, even a TV? Fortunately, it would be really difficult to make the claim that the judge is impartial and must recuse his/her self because they own a DVR.

If that was the case then no judge could ever hear a gender discrimination case because all are either male or female and thus impacted by any precedent from the outcome. (Just using this as a means of illustrating how absurd it would be to use the DVR ownership as grounds for recusal.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts