FOX News Channel/DISH dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Interesting,now I don't know what dtv price increase will be yet,but with the added $5 of dish they both come out to $122 before tax for 4 rooms,that's in month 13 no promo with dtv.Just came back from dtv website fyi.

This isn't rocket science, people.

DTV: 2-room Genie system, Xtra (205+) package: 73.99 + 27.00 in equipment fees = 100.99 + ??? increase

Dish: 2-room Hopper system, AT200 package: 69.99 + 19.00 equipment fees = 88.99 + $5 increase

I think you guys are in the wrong thread. :wink

This isn't rocket science, people.

DTV: 2-room Genie system, Xtra (205+) package: 73.99 + 27.00 in equipment fees = 100.99 + ??? increase

Dish: 2-room Hopper system, AT200 package: 69.99 + 19.00 equipment fees = 88.99 + $5 increase

I wouldn't consider the AT200 package to be comparable to the Xtra package. I think a more fair comparison would be the Choice package at $66.99 which would make both the same price after the price increase with Dish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: space86
Interesting,now I don't know what dtv price increase will be yet,but with the added $5 of dish they both come out to $122 before tax for 4 rooms,that's in month 13 no promo with dtv.Just came back from dtv website fyi.

I agree with your math for four rooms for each. Add $3 to that for those like me that pay the $3 RSN surcharge and it's $8 less a month even for 4 rooms with DISH at this time. That $122 comparison is really fictitious till we see the exact increases for both. It's either $122 or $125 with Direct TV right now and $117 with DISH. Savings are even more for the by far more who have a set up of one, two or three rooms which is my premise. Most people have the VIP receiver and most have one, two, or three receivers.
DISH is less, often much less for those not looking for the whole home set up, I have never tried to see the exact difference with Direct for that. Both seem to be always less than Cable when you can get through Cable's smoke screens about price.

I wouldn't consider the AT200 package to be comparable to the Xtra package. I think a more fair comparison would be the Choice package at $66.99 which would make both the same price after the price increase with Dish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How did you come with that comparison? The two Dare2be show have virtually the same amount of channels thus the two are similarly priced. Your comparison has a Direct Package with 50 less channels.

And then, to somehow show Direct costs the same as DISH you add the pending DISH increase, so that shows even using a less package from Direct DISH is still less right now.
DISH costs less. It all costs too much, but DISH less so. :)

Reactions: Yespage and ChadT41
It's back again. This is going to be a real white-knuckler. Each side is digging in.
No, Disney was a white-knuckler (that never seemed to end!). You are having trouble keeping perspective here. Fox News will likely not go anywhere. Just chill the heck out and worry about something else more tangible.

How can one TV channel be a white knuckle event?

First I have to call Dish to get a $25 x 3 refund, then I have to decide whether to cancel altogether and go to UVerse. These aren't fun things to do, but I have no choice. I am not going to sit around for months without Fox News and FBN, they are my most watched channels. And I speak for many thousands of others.

Other than permanently removed channels (The NY RSN's and actual announced removals by DISH) these disputes with channels pulled don't last months. And we don't even know if Fox News will get pulled. If you want to leave DISH regardless of the outcome might as well do it now. Why even worry about it, I'm sure Uverse will install within a couple of days of you calling them.

A bunch of off topics posts removed. (and I hate removing posts)

Remember the topic is FOX might be getting removed from the DISH tomorrow night... not anything else. ;)
Thought I read it was Saturday morning... I only say that because I feel like the board is going to go nuts at 8 or 9 pm with people saying "I still have it".

Reactions: thomasjk
This is going to be interesting dispute. But I think this will get resolved quickly. Fox could lose it's #1 cable news channel status without Dish customers.

This is going to be interesting dispute. But I think this will get resolved quickly. Fox could lose it's #1 cable news channel status without Dish customers.
That is what the Turner found out with CNN missing during the pricing dispute , during the election this year. DISH might not be the biggest tv company ,but they do have some influence on the ratings if the channels are missing on their service.

Reactions: Tampa8
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts