Fox News Go

TheMissingLink22

Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
USA
Does anyone know if Fox News Go access will be coming to Dish in the near future? I assumed that would have been included in the new deal, but it does not let Dish customers use it as of yet.

Thanks!

was there a agreement with fox that came together could someone please point me in the right way

There was no mention of the the app being included in the contract renewal press release, that I remember. If that was the case, I'm gonna guess 99.9% sure that it is not going to be included anytime soon. My gut doesn't have the same record as Scott's gut, though, so let's wait and see.

I came across this article:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/3-reasons-fox-news-is-big-winner-in-dish-network-dispute/

It states, "In the end, according to the Wall Street Journal, Dish has agreed to pay Fox $1.50 per subscriber per month, which is a whopping 50 percent increase from the previous deal of $1.00/per. Dish has reportedly also agreed to place the Fox Business Network next to Fox News in the lower tier service option on its dial, which will help drive more viewers to a channel that could use them. Official terms of the agreement, a five-year-deal, weren’t disclosed."

It specifically says a 5 year deal for Fox News, which is surprising that a length of contract is given. Does that mean there is a pretty good chance we won't see Fox News Go until a new deal is reached in 5 years?

5 years from last January, which was the date of that article, so about 4.5 years now. :)

I don't believe that any Fox Apps are available to Dish Customers, I just looked at Fox Sports Go (which I use to watch NFL games since I work on Sundays) and FX Now ( love the World of Simpsons) and Dish is not listed as a provider.

I wonder if they will be added as the different contracts come up for renewal. The FX, National Geographic, and Fox RSN dispute was in October 2010, so 5 years ago this fall. I am guessing those will be coming up for renewal soon and I would think having access to the Fox Apps would be included.

I wonder if they will be added as the different contracts come up for renewal. The FX, National Geographic, and Fox RSN dispute was in October 2010, so 5 years ago this fall. I am guessing those will be coming up for renewal soon and I would think having access to the Fox Apps would be included.

But the Fox News Contract renewal was just a few months ago and it was not included to get online access, why would it be different this fall.

Reactions: ChadT41
But the Fox News Contract renewal was just a few months ago and it was not included to get online access, why would it be different this fall.

Good point. I was thinking along the lines of the RSN's. Dish has authentication with the Comcast RSN's for the games that the can show through the NBC Sports app. Actually, now that I think about it, if you are on the go, I would think there would more of a demand from the customers for the live shows - such as the RSN's and Fox News - more than the channels that have sitcoms, movies, or series that can be watched at any time, like National Geographic. Just thinking out loud.

For punishment to Dish subs for Dish not renegotiating the other channels still under contract.

Good point. I was thinking along the lines of the RSN's. Dish has authentication with the Comcast RSN's for the games that the can show through the NBC Sports app. Actually, now that I think about it, if you are on the go, I would think there would more of a demand from the customers for the live shows - such as the RSN's and Fox News - more than the channels that have sitcoms, movies, or series that can be watched at any time, like National Geographic. Just thinking out loud.
Dish customers have the option of live programming on those channels on the go....Dish Anywhere. Been around for years, previously known as DishOnline.

So, Fox Business Network is now in Smart Pack?

I don't think so. Before the deal, Fox Business was in AT200 while Fox News was AT120. I think the new deal just put them both in AT120. I could be wrong, but I think that is what I read.

We currently don't have any information on Fox Authenticated services. I will forward your feedback to our programming department.

Since it doesn't look like Dish is ever going to offer Fox in HD in my DMA, it would be really nice if there was some way to watch Fox sports programming in HD online.

What DMA are you in that Dish doesn't have Fox in HD?

Presque Isle. The station manager told me a year ago that they had all the equipment in place to uplink but Dish/DirecTV just couldn't be bothered (TWC took them up on it). It's not HD OTA either as they don't have the equipment/and or bandwidth to manage a dual HD broadcast along with their CBS subchannel.

When my renewal comes around, I'll probably go with the service that gets me FoxGo/FoxSportsGo. I refuse to watch SD programming in this day and age - so I just don't watch Fox anymore.