FOX O&O to carry H&I

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
FOX usually wants to keep subs off the Fox station if possible (bandwidth issues). Thats why until KMSP/WFTC here in Minneapolis did their switch around (putting both FOX & MY in HD on RF29) most of the subs when added went to WFTC My29.

Thanks, gotcha

I need to add something to it. This only happens when the FOX is O&O and also owns the My affiliate in the market. Minneapolis is a unique situation as FOX was on VHF and My is on UHF so folks with indoor antennas have had issues. Thats why they put both FOX & MY in HD on RF29 (FOX is also still on RF9 too)

Look at DFW. FOX has nothing on it (FOX doesnt want to mess with bandwidth for the Cowboys) ;) so KDFI has My, Movies, Buzzr and H&I

Reactions: localclassictvfan
I need to add something to it. This only happens when the FOX is O&O and also owns the My affiliate in the market. Minneapolis is a unique situation as FOX was on VHF and My is on UHF so folks with indoor antennas have had issues. Thats why they put both FOX & MY in HD on RF29 (FOX is also still on RF9 too)

Look at DFW. FOX has nothing on it (FOX doesnt want to mess with bandwidth for the Cowboys) ;) so KDFI has My, Movies, Buzzr and H&I
Yep, same here in the LA market;

The FOX O&O KTTV-11 owns the My outlet KCOP-13 where it places all its secondary sub-channels, Buzzr (13-2), Movies! (13-3), and H&I (13-4), in addition to the main sub-channel 13-1 (My).

KTTV (FOX) also formally had a system of simulcasting their main and only sub-channel 11-1 in HD from that transmitter and SD versions of their main on KCOP (My) for better signal coverage due to its tower location further west, and KFTR-46 (TFT), a UHF station (RF29) for the benefit of indoor antennas. Both these were mapped as virtual 11-2 and 11-3 respectively.

The 11-2 slot is now the recently launched H&I mapped as virtual 13-4 and the virtual 11-3 simulcast has long been discontinued from KFTR. However Zap2It still hasn't cleaned up the mess originally created by this in their guide with 11-2 and 11-3 still listed in spite of my informing them multiple times now to remove them.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Tony

Ok, good, I see the reasoning in doing what they did in both markets. Thanks

Yes, KICU 36-4 started transmitting H&I today, but it's not set up properly yet. The picture is too skinny... like 3:3. If you go to WIDE mode, the picture widens to 4:3. Picture quality looks good.
It's likely a 16:9 image anamorphically squeezed into a 4:3 frame. Which for a lot native 4:3 shows broadcast by H&I means a 4:3 picture pillar-boxed into 16:9, in turn anamorphically squeezed back into a 4:3 scan.

Happened here in LA when H&I first launched on the FOX O&O KCOP 13 on 13-4 some weeks ago. Called engineering at the parent station FOX O&O KTTV 11. Said they were still working with Weigel to correct the format and had it fixed over a following weekend.

Lot of stations have trouble correctly formatting 16:9 SD for some reason.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts