Fox Sues Dish Over Ad-Skipping Auto Hop

NBC statement: "Dish simply does not have the authority to tamper with the ads from broadcast replays on a wholesale basis for its own economic and commercial advantage,"

CBS Statement: "This service takes existing network content and modifies it in a manner that is unauthorized and illegal. We believe this is a clear violation of copyright law and we intend to stop it."

Apparently Fox is also upset that Dish customers have the ability to stream networks over the Internet using the Slingbox.

http://t.co/eIppUlys

They should be upset with Sling ;) they make the box. Which I still think isn't really needed with the hopper but they just make you have it due to companies getting pissed if it was built in. Its an add on from another company :)

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

They know little of how it works... Or do they know less than satguys members.

You would think they would look at the system before they file the suit. But I know lawyers and politicians, they vote and debate stuff they have no idea about. Same as this case.

They should be upset with Sling ;) they make the box. Which I still think isn't really needed with the hopper but they just make you have it due to companies getting pissed if it was built in. Its an add on from another company :)

LOL - an add on from another company, but both owned by the same parent company. :D

You would think they would look at the system before they file the suit.
As I am reading more and more about this I am finding the networks have NO CLUE of how this all works and are just making things up to file a lawsuit. That in itself should be illegal.

If your are going to sue at least know what you are suing over... The AutoHop does not MODIFY shows or DELETE commercials. The commercials are still there!

the time has come to destroy the ecosystem of these networks, they need to evolve or die as the dinosaurs!!!

The only real thing these network hotshots are concerned about is ads getting pulled and their salaries dropping back to 6 digits. Greed rules everything..........& I have no sympathy for people or companies that are doing very well to begin with and cry the blues about the stupidest crap.............give me a freaking break & a raise.

What I want to know is why ABC hasn't jumped on the band wagon?

LOL - an add on from another company, but both owned by the same parent company. :D

Yep. Its all about the vision though :) much like I see contracts for the government get cancelled due to poor performance and the same company and employees wins the next one all under a different name. Wash rinse repeat...

Haha in reading the FOX lawsuit they are suing over PrimeTime Anytime calling it a "bootleg video on demand service"

Its not a VOD service, its a DVR. Its NOT enabled by default and like AutoHope it needs to be enabled by the customer meaning that the customer wants to record those shows on their DVR.

What a funny read so far!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)