Future features for H21s?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Enragedalbinoyak

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
I have a friend who swears there is a plan to have the H21 HD reciever eventually stream data off of the HR-2X, use a form of remote scheduling, etc.

How much truth is there to any of these rumors?

Will DTV ever do anything with the ethernet port on the H20?

Remote scheduling via the internet to the HR2X and R15's is there now, don't even need an internet connection to the box to make it work. There have been mentions by DirecTV to have a 'whole house solution' which has been taken to mean multi room viewing, the ability to watch something recorded on another network attached DVR in the home. They did demo at CES this year a PC software program that would allow viewing of content recorded on a HR2X on a PC. Other uses for the ethernet port that are there now is the ability view JPEG's, listen to MP3's and watch video's from a network attached PC, it's called Media Share.

Remote scheduling via the internet to the HR2X and R15's is there now, don't even need an internet connection to the box to make it work. There have been mentions by DirecTV to have a 'whole house solution' which has been taken to mean multi room viewing, the ability to watch something recorded on another network attached DVR in the home. They did demo at CES this year a PC software program that would allow viewing of content recorded on a HR2X on a PC. Other uses for the ethernet port that are there now is the ability view JPEG's, listen to MP3's and watch video's from a network attached PC, it's called Media Share.

Yeah, but what about the H20s, not the HR-20s

The H2x is not a DVR therefore you can't schedule it to record anything because it doesn't have the capability to record.

The H2x is not a DVR therefore you can't schedule it to record anything because it doesn't have the capability to record.
Yeah, but you can schedule it to autotune and have something else, like a 3rd party DVR record it. Hell, it comes up in my remote scheduling list as one I could remote schedule.

Yeah, but you can schedule it to autotune and have something else, like a 3rd party DVR record it. Hell, it comes up in my remote scheduling list as one I could remote schedule.
What's the point of remotely creating an auto-tune if you can't command the recorder to record it?

What's the point of remotely creating an auto-tune if you can't command the recorder to record it?

I don't F'n know, I was just using that as an example. There's an ethernet port on the F'n thing, what do they plan on doing with it?

I wouldn't rely on using directv to "autotune" the H2x box even if it is attached to another dvr (for example sage tv). I would rely on using your htpc software to schedule and tune the H2x. I use SageTV and I can remotely schedule it using their placeshifter software without having to worry about "autotuning" the H2x remotely.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)