Galaxy S III

I too have been looking, but its a bit larger than my already large Epic.

my wife still has hers and refuses to upgrade because of the physical KB. i have the S3 and highly recommend it. i strongly advise you against the photon as all i've heard of that phone is issue after issue. its getting to a point that physical KB lovers will be limited to blackberry's. i don't ever see myself going back to RIM.......

...with the physical keyboard, I have never had just a virtual keyboard and really like the physical one better.

If I knew I could easily get comfortable with the virtual keyboard...
Have you never tried a virtual keyboard ? And if you did, you have to have an open mind when doing so....
Also, my new car does Bluetooth Messaging (text), if the phone is capable.
My Epic isn't, have you guys heard about the Bluetooth Messaging, the far will read the text to you while your driving.
Android supports text-to-speech at it's core. Not sure about the BT aspect but I'm guessing if you enable T-to-S and BT is also on, the audio will come through your car's speakers.

I saw a marked improvement in speech-to-text accuracy going from GB to ICS. I still tend not to correct it when it gets something wrong, especially with texts to my wife, just to confuse her :D

How long does it take to get use to the change to the virtual keyboard ?
Honestly, not that long. I was concerned coming from a blackberry, and I caught on very quickly. Once you get used to it, you will find yourself wondering what the worry was about.

my wife still has hers and refuses to upgrade because of the physical KB. i have the S3 and highly recommend it. i strongly advise you against the photon as all i've heard of that phone is issue after issue. its getting to a point that physical KB lovers will be limited to blackberry's. i don't ever see myself going back to RIM.......

Thanks Rey .

Honestly, not that long. I was concerned coming from a blackberry, and I caught on very quickly. Once you get used to it, you will find yourself wondering what the worry was about.

Your probably right.
As others have said, if I have an OPEN MIND to it ... I will have to get there before buying it .

I think I will try to quit using the Physical one on my Epic and see how it goes.

Your probably right.
As others have said, if I have an OPEN MIND to it ... I will have to get there before buying it .

I think I will try to quit using the Physical one on my Epic and see how it goes.

Keep in mind that they have much improved since the Epic. Might try to download a keyboard from the market too if the stock one is not to your liking.

Jimbo like smith said there are different keyboards you can download until you find one you're comfortable with. It'll never be exactly as a physical keyboard but they're much improved. I find landscape mode to be easier than portrait. Keyboards like swiftkey have excellent predictability which will cut time and effort when typing. That's the one I use,while others like keyboard pro is even more customizable where you can even enlarge key size if necessary.

My wife thinks SwiftKey is freaky. I showed her how it correctly guessed a text I was sending once you type 2-3 words. She probably thought it was rigged.

Glad you mentioned SwiftKey, forgot about it as it has been a little while since I had android. Best keyboard as I remember.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

My wife thinks SwiftKey is freaky. I showed her how it correctly guessed a text I was sending once you type 2-3 words. She probably thought it was rigged.

Glad you mentioned SwiftKey, forgot about it as it has been a little while since I had android. Best keyboard as I remember.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

there are times i don't even have to type a thing, just select predictions :D it knows me :eek:

How long does it take to get use to the change to the virtual keyboard ?

It didn't take me long at all. I mean I still hit 2 keys at one time every now and then but I did that on the physical one too.