Garlic mashed potatoes

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
I use small gold potatoes, preferably Yukon Gold. I cut the tops of 1 lb of garlic bulbs and sprinkled with EVO and roasted until soft. For 2 lbs potatoes, 3 sticks unsalted butter and 1.5 cup heavy cream. Salt and pepper

Cut potatoes into eighths and boil in salted water for 10-15 mins until soft. Recipe says to soak taters overnight but I never do.

Potatoes into mixer with paddle for 1-2 mins on 2. Add garlic-cream mixture that had been cooked slightly in fry pan. Switch to whisk attachment. Slowly add softened butter. Run until smooth on ten. If too liquidy, add some Hungry Jack potato flakes.

Wait for heart attack.

Always comes out excellent. And always has a few small soft lumps.

So what variations do you make?

Reactions: osu1991 and dfergie
I haven't tried making Garlic Mashed Potatoes, but my favorite Mashed Potato addition is horseradish. Makes me weird, doesn't it?

BTW, I usually peel the potatoes. But you could just slide off most of the skins after boiling.

I haven't tried making Garlic Mashed Potatoes, but my favorite Mashed Potato addition is horseradish. Makes me weird, doesn't it?
Horseradish is an all-around good garnish for the meat and potatoes types. For me it is the only thing that separates pot roast from overcooked beef.

If your nose isn't running, you're not using enough horseradish!

Reactions: Foxbat and navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts