Genie and am21 scanning again??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes, and you can usually fill in missing channels with subchannels from different zip codes. I am missing 5-3 MeTV from Burlington/Plattsburgh. I put a zip in Texas and it added 5-3 to my guide, and it's another MeTV.
Yes but I'm not using any secondary zip codes right now... it just grabbed that ch on its own. I've yet to get home early enough to actually play around with this yet btw.

I noticed that channel 56 out of Scranton broadcasts on 2 different RF channels (45 and 47). If your antenna is picking up the broadcast on 56 RF47 it would match the .1 RF47 and .2RF47. Thus it would put channel 43.1 and 43.2 RF47 in your DVR , because their is a channel 43 being broadcast in Scranton. You would be receiving 43.1 and 43.2 Scranton channels with the guide for the WPMT York PA channels. All this with only using the WB/S zip.

I noticed that channel 56 out of Scranton broadcasts on 2 different RF channels (45 and 47). If your antenna is picking up the broadcast on 56 RF47 it would match the .1 RF47 and .2RF47. Thus it would put channel 43.1 and 43.2 RF47 in your DVR , because their is a channel 43 being broadcast in Scranton. You would be receiving 43.1 and 43.2 Scranton channels with the guide for the WPMT York PA channels. All this with only using the WB/S zip.
And that explains it...

I don't see how you could pull fox 43 out of York from the Scranton /wb area. That seems like a heck of a stretch. I can't even pick it up from eastern Reading and I'm much further south than you. I think this is just a db glitch with this CE.

I don't see how you could pull fox 43 out of York from the Scranton /wb area. That seems like a heck of a stretch. I can't even pick it up from eastern Reading and I'm much further south than you. I think this is just a db glitch with this CE.
He's not picking up channel 43 out of York. He's receiving channel 56 RF47 out of WB/S. The AM21 picked it up because of the RF match.

He's not picking up channel 43 out of York. He's receiving channel 56 RF47 out of WB/S. The AM21 picked it up because of the RF match.
Correct we figured that out a few posts ago. The am21 just matched it to York because of the rf and decimal matches. I ended up hiding the channel. However I'm going to add a secondary zip to pull 38 whenever I get time.

Too bad dtv couldn't just mirror the database off tvtitan or some Internet database.... even if it required broadband...

This is the "secondary zip code" that works to attain channels not in a specific database. For example: WB/S has METV broadcast on 38.2 RF31, not in D* database. By running Memphis TN (37501) as a secondary zip it will give you 38.2 METV with the correct guide. Since Memphis carries METV on 30.2 RF31, the .2 RF31 matches. It will put WLMT as 38.2 in your DVR with the Memphis guide (METV) for that channel. That is, if your antenna receive's 38.2. There might be other stations in the WB/S area that you can get, but I would have to check. You have to match either the channel number, in this case 38.2. Or you can match the subchannel number with the RF, in this case .2 RF31. Then you look for another zip code that has a 38.2 or a .2 RF31 channel in D* database. In this case Memphis and Greensboro NC match and they both carry METV. You look for a match that carries the same station as your local channel so the guides match. Because you get the guide from the channel of the city you use the secondary zip for, in this case Memphis. The explanation for the channel 43 addition is this: your antenna probably picks up channel 43 on an irregular basis. When the Genie rebooted your antenna just happen to have a strong enough signal for that channel for the AM21 to pick it up. When you tried it on the other AM21s the signal was not being picked up, and since the AM21 only puts channels in the DVR that are being picked up at the time of the scan it wouldn't put 43 in the DVR.
So not that I doubt this works since I did it and can clearly see that it works.... but... 38.2 is actually 31.2 here locally but still rf31. Screenshot attached. Where exactly does the 38.2 come from. (Just trying to understand)

Just fyi there are no other channels that are not in the database other than metv in scranton.wilkesbarre. .. now I just need to find a channel from Memphis to use as a clone for my security cameras like Claude did lol. That and buy a atsc mod.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419395038631.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1419395038631.png
    80.1 KB · Views: 127
I went by the info on Rabbitears.info website. That site states WSWB being broadcast on 38.2 RF31 for WB/S.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts