Genie client (c31?) won't power back up

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just wanted to drop a quick thanks to barrettd and strogonowski for their posts on this issue.

I got my Genie set up with 3 C31-700s 3 weeks ago, and had the same problem (remote worked fine until the C31 was turned off, then wouldn't turn back on unless you unplugged it or reset it).

My situation was a bit different with the fact my modem/router is hooked up to one of the C31s. The installer tried a few things and replaced the box, but no go. Several hours on the phone, etc, and finally he said he had placed something to the main engineers and I would hear back.

One weird thing I had was that out of the blue on of the C31s would start working (power on and off from the remote), and then suddenly after a few days stop.

I finally got fed up and was about to settle down for the multi-hour phone call with tech support, but figured I'd try a google search. The rest is history. The torrent fix worked for me (I did have to reset the C31 after closing the torrent program).

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks again!

Just had my Direct TV installed a few days ago and ran into this issue as well. Disabling my Bit Torrent client, as suggested in this thread, fixed the problem. Once I did that, I rebooted the clients and everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks guys!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts