Genies Have New NR - 0x0987

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Screwed up the HR44 playlist sort by oldest first. Man their programmers go full retard every now and then...

IMG_0501_zps6a8ee667.jpg

Its actually worse than that. When you have it set back to newest first, and go down to the bottom and start opening folders, my "oldest" has an episode from 11/10, the next has an episode from 11/13, the next two have episodes from 11/10, and the fifth folder up from the bottom has an episode from 11/7.

The sorting is literally screwed for anyone that wants to watch anything in order. Good job...

When you hit menu for the first time after getting the update it will tell you a little but they didn't add the s.e info to the synopsis. .. odd..

Yeah I briefly saw that too. I guess DirecTV doesn't publish a detailed change log, but in all fairness I don't remember my former cable provider doing anything like that either. Mostly just independent software developers who foster online communities.

Only programs recorded after the software update was pushed will have the tags. Previous recordings will be unaffected.
Incorrect. It is any show that the guide data has Season & Episode information encoded in the PSIP data for the guide. Has nothing to do with if it was recorded or the software update.

Only programs recorded after the software update was pushed will have the tags. Previous recordings will be unaffected.

Incorrect. It is any show that the guide data has Season & Episode information encoded in the PSIP data for the guide. Has nothing to do with if it was recorded or the software update.

I second kitty's post. When I got this software on CE, all of my old recordings did not contain S/E info. I have since deleted them and let them re-record for proper sorting.

I second kitty's post. When I got this software on CE, all of my old recordings did not contain S/E info. I have since deleted them and let them re-record for proper sorting.
Not to be rude but I based my post on exactly what you brought up. How the feature worked on ce.

Now it's possible that episodes in the guide will all display s.e. assuming it's in the psip.. but what I was talking about are previously recorded shows. Exactly what you backed me on.

What we don't know is if NR changed any of this since CE... well need someone on the NR to clarify.

Works fine on the HR24, not te HR44. Sort list by oldest first is broken and has been since I got the update.

Now if the answer is any recordings before the update will not sort properly, it's unacceptable. I only got it a week or two ago, and I have recordings all the way back to early November. I already posted a pic in here once how it is broken.

While I'm on the Current CE on my HR44, I have none of the issues you've mentioned.
I have multiple series recorded and looked thru them all and all the shows are listed oldest at the bottom and newest at the top.

Seems right to me.

Sort playlist by oldest first is broken, Im not sure any more plain way to put it. These DVR's have always sorted oldest first the same way, because I have always used it that way. I like to watch episodes in order as they aired. The HR44 sort is screwed up, where the HR24 is not. Ill show you both below, and they should be the same but they aren't. Ever since the update the HR44 stopped looking like the HR24, which is the way it has always looked.

HR24
679C2E94-7AD7-4225-952A-C56428D75012_zpsvgdgwnrr.jpg

HR44
0535677E-29A4-4F09-9193-CC3B1439E541_zpsxjfaixmg.jpg

The NCIS episode on the HR24 is way older than the Flash episode, yet if you not the HR44, the Flash episode folder is before the NCIS one.

Here is the other part that is WRONG:

HR24 Sleepy Hollow folder sort, oldest episodes first in folder
674B7AF0-D345-469E-AB14-200A31474ABF_zps05ah7q0d.jpg

HR44 Sleepy Hollow folder sort, oldest episodes last
6FE28C8A-28D5-481D-A5C1-832A7D6AE355_zpseefmb0qo.jpg

Maybe I'm not understanding, but why would you want the Oldest shows to show up on top ?
I have always worked my way from the bottom to the top ... as far as not able to watch in order, sure you can, just look to see which one is listed next, you should be able to see the Season and Episode on each one now .... very easy from what I can see ... However, if you for some reason would rather have the oldest at the top ... don't know what to tell ya ...Theres probably another CE tonight if ya wanna try it.

Correction, apparently there isn't a CE tonight.

Why would I want the older shows on top?

Well, lets see. When I hit list, and I have two months of recordings there, why should I have to scroll to the bottom of the folders to start the oldest show. Then it is just goofy for a folder to have the newest show first. I mean shows arent something we watch out of order, at least I dont. If you watch oldest episodes first, why wouldn't you want the oldest episodes to show first. not last?

Secondly, I can't imagine why you would want to sort episodes by newest first. It has them all out of order in the scheme of things. Sure, the folder is in order, but you may have a Friday show before a Monday show, depending on who has the older episode. The benefit of oldest first is, I know the oldest episode (regardless of show) on my DVR is at the top.

The point is these HR's have ALWAYS done this. Why you going to go screw up the playlist now? Their programmers flat suck. I'm willing to bet it is because of the new season/episode thing, and maybe once I get thru shows recorded before the update, itll sort properly. Regardless, it's just another way they find to break software.

I imagine my HR24 will break when it gets the next update too... Also glad to see the CE program works so well...

Let me ask you this. If I record one week's worth of recordings, why would I want Sundays program at the top (say 12/21), Monday's shows at the bottom (12/15)? In what world would you not want the shows a week old to show first? I just can't wrap my head around having shows out of order, or newest first, when tv shows have to be watched in order...

First, or top, should be oldest in tv show land. Regardless, they offer both as an option and they broke one. The idiots need to fix it or figure out something better than the CE program.

Why would I want the older shows on top?

Well, lets see. When I hit list, and I have two months of recordings there, why should I have to scroll to the bottom of the folders to start the oldest show. Then it is just goofy for a folder to have the newest show first. I mean shows arent something we watch out of order, at least I dont. If you watch oldest episodes first, why wouldn't you want the oldest episodes to show first. not last?

Secondly, I can't imagine why you would want to sort episodes by newest first. It has them all out of order in the scheme of things. Sure, the folder is in order, but you may have a Friday show before a Monday show, depending on who has the older episode. The benefit of oldest first is, I know the oldest episode (regardless of show) on my DVR is at the top.

The point is these HR's have ALWAYS done this. Why you going to go screw up the playlist now? Their programmers flat suck. I'm willing to bet it is because of the new season/episode thing, and maybe once I get thru shows recorded before the update, itll sort properly. Regardless, it's just another way they find to break software.

I imagine my HR24 will break when it gets the next update too... Also glad to see the CE program works so well...

Let me ask you this. If I record one week's worth of recordings, why would I want Sundays program at the top (say 12/21), Monday's shows at the bottom (12/15)? In what world would you not want the shows a week old to show first? I just can't wrap my head around having shows out of order, or newest first, when tv shows have to be watched in order...

First, or top, should be oldest in tv show land. Regardless, they offer both as an option and they broke one. The idiots need to fix it or figure out something better than the CE program.
My Oldest shows I watch first, obviously, they are at the bottom, this way I can easily see how many I have to catch up to current time ...
Each person does it thier own way apparently.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)