GeoSatPro DSR200

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yes, kinda reminds me of flashing a bios on a computer. Doing a default reset only goes back as far as the most recent firmware flash, minus any custom settings. So can I save the custom setup somehow before doing the reset. I've only owned the 1100c for 6 weeks and still learning how much I don't know.

Jim

So can I save the custom setup somehow before doing the reset.

To save custom data, insert an USB 2.0 drive. Press Menu >>> Utility >>> Green Button >>> Highlight Type of Data File to Save >>> Press OK Button to save to USB drive.

To load custom data, insert an USB 2.0 drive. Press Menu >>> Utility >>> Green Button >>> Highlight saved Data File to Load >>> Press OK Button to load custom data.

I like the fact the newer software fix did fix the freezeups. Left the unit on overnight to record something to a stand alone HDD/DVD recorder and still worked fine

One thing I noticed is if you set a timer there is no way to have it turn off nor is there a sleep timer. My Pansat and Coolsat allow you to have the unit shut off at a specific time. The Geosat doesnt

One thing I noticed is if you set a timer there is no way to have it turn off nor is there a sleep timer. My Pansat and Coolsat allow you to have the unit shut off at a specific time. The Geosat doesnt

We will look into adding the sleep timer function.

Working on some USB functions for a future release to allow use of more energy efficient drives with sleep function. The STB sleep feature would fit right into the green theme!

Found a couple issues logging channels

1. When you log GBN On 72W either you get sound or video but not both. Mainly its audio (12143 V 2573). I know its been mentioned before when you were out of town.

2. Daystar on G18 will NOT log in even though signal quality is 75. On a blind scan it logs the TP (12135 V 2848) but wont log the channel on a manual scan, auto scan, blind scan. I have not done a manual PID entry. Will scan in on all other receivers.

edit: will scan in on a PID entry scan

One note to the advanced folks (who use the receiver in advanced mode). Learned something the other day about updating software. This is a FYI and also a praise to SatelliteAv

I was trying to update my software via OTA and was having issues. I e-mailed Brian to let him know that when I hit "update" it was showing the TP as 11928 V when it should be 12115. I saved my channel list and then master reset the unit. It showed then the correct TP when I did the update. After I loaded the channel list it went back to 11928 (dang it)

I ended up speaking with Brian and found that when I set up the receiver I had removed all TP's from 97W except for 11842 then blind scanned (I had done that to all sats...removed all TP's but one and blind scanned). Well found out that the software is set up so that when you do a OTA update it defaults a TP in the 16th spot. That is normally set to 12115 but since I had removed all the TP's after blind scanning 11928 was the 16th TP.

The kudos to SatelliteAV that Brian was willing to work with me to figure out why I was getting something out of the ordinary.

So for the folks who want to do a OTA update and are in the advanced mode, select OTA and where the TP is posted you can scroll through the TP's. Make sure it says 12115 before you update! Thats the only way you'll get the update OTA :)

Found a couple issues logging channels

1. When you log GBN On 72W either you get sound or video but not both. Mainly its audio (12143 V 2573). I know its been mentioned before when you were out of town.

2. Daystar on G18 will NOT log in even though signal quality is 75. On a blind scan it logs the TP (12135 V 2848) but wont log the channel on a manual scan, auto scan, blind scan. I have not done a manual PID entry. Will scan in on all other receivers.

edit: will scan in on a PID entry scan

1. Not sure what is up with GBN. The TP isn't active this AM. Will check into this issue when the TP is available.

2. Verified. Recorded the TS and will test and correct in next firmware update.

Thank you!

you have a different receiver than the 200....SatelliteAV mentioned the info is different for that receiver ;)

I'll try to explain better...when you got to the OTA screen it says "update now". In the bottom left corner there is a red button option. Press that and you get a popup screen. You can change the satellite, TP and sid to update the software. Per SatelliteAV the "defualts" are
satellite 1 (the 1st satellite in the list which is G19)
the 16th transponder (which unless you changed the TP info its 12115)
SID is 330 (dont change that)

you can scroll through the transponders to find the right one. It will only get software (on the 200) off G19 12115 TP

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    839.8 KB · Views: 360
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    826.5 KB · Views: 346
You're right, mine is a 1100c, thought they were the same other than the PVR recording. Using your info that the 200 has the update TP at the 16th position, I found on the 1100c it is the 1st position. So I deleted all the TPs except 12115, now in 1st position, and update is successful. I then scanned back in everything else and updated again, still ok as 12115 still in 1st position. Thanks, you helped even though not the same RX.

Jim

Have you deleted some transponders?

Perform a factory reset, Activate the receiver as type Advanced or Glorystar and it will be corrected.

Not sure what I'm missing here, when I go to OTA and select update now, on my screen I have 11842 listed and it is not changeable?

Jim

1. Not sure what is up with GBN. The TP isn't active this AM. Will check into this issue when the TP is available.

2. Verified. Recorded the TS and will test and correct in next firmware update.

Thank you!

Brian
Any update on these 2 issues?
(GBN on 72W and Daystar on 123W)

I did notice a couple of wierd little bugs (minor of course) in the last couple of days with channel audio, but I haven't successfully replicated them.

Sometimes when going from an ITC channel to a Scrambled channel, the audio from the first ITC channel would play on the scrambled channel. I'll try to replicate this, but it seems to happen when i hold the "channel up" button down to get through a lot of scrambled channels. I don't remember which satellite or what channels it did it on, but I have a feeling it was when going from a channel with both audio and video, to a channel that had no video, but did have audio (but not considered a radio channel) if that makes sense.

the other thing i noticed was that I could make the receiver crash if i accidently press select an MP3 on the jump drive. receiver choked hard.

I also noticed that when switching channels in the EPG and selecting a different one, if i press exit on the guide it switches back to the original channel.

Of course, these are all minor bugs, I LOVE this box! I plan on getting the DVR version soon!

I just got this box a few days ago and love it. The picture quality is really good. I do have one question. On some channels, espeically news feeds, the picture seems zoomed in and is cropping off the top of reporters' heads. (I know what you're thinking, but the receiver's zoom level is set to 100%). Another example is the bars & tone with the sweeping bar. The aspect is squished and the picture looks very 'zoomed-in'. I know that a lot of stuff out there is 16:9 and my receiver squeezes it so I see the whole image on a 4:3 set. Thoughts?

Is the receiver Screen Output set to 4:3, 4:3 (Letter Box) or 16:9? What aspect or resolution is the TV/Monitor set to?

This sounds like a receiver / monitor aspect setting mismatch. You might try to change the setting matches between the two units and observe if it produces a more visually acceptable display.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts