GeosatPro Micro HD

Oh hey, I have one more dumb question. :rolleyes:

?
I made a favorites list, it has about 12 channels, I left it at the default name, I guess it's Favorite List 1.

But I find that pretty much every time I turn the TV on that the system has gone back to the "All channels" list which is hundreds of nonsense channels I will never watch.
Push the "SAT" button. It should come up with "All Satellite", then just scroll down to the satellite with the channel you want. I haven't set up a "Favorites" list yet but that is what I do after recording and it has gone to "All Satellite".

My thoughts on the microHD are:

Pro's
small, tiny, light, fits anywhere, great functions, menu, easy usability; MEDIA PLAYER IS free!

Con's:

12 vdc wall wart - w/12vdc dc plug; could not be used easily Commercially, may break easy, not where have kids, pets

do not cover as 12vdc to 18/14 is up and it warms up a little more technically (up-convert's)

looks basically like what DN today CALLS THE HOPPER's JOEY and basically has the same problems it does; which u might say is good also!

may need to be tested on motor, to see if P.S. can handle amperage (have not tried this type yet)

So as you can see, this area needs a little trim, microHD, it works great for me. You can see a channel I recorded with it on a 6 foot WSI aimed at Anik F3 C Band selection here on youtuber!

AND I DO LOVE THE NEW REMOTE like HARMONY touch, for they can be set to control this microHD, it is mine!

While doing some experimenting with my Coolsat 8100 and my MicroHD yesterday I discovered something which may be useful or annoying depending on your circumstances.

The remote that came with my Coolsat 8100 and the remote that came with my MicroHD appear to be functionally interchangeable. I have an 8100 set up currently, and noticed when I plugged in my MicroHD at the same location that the Coolsat was responding to the MicroHD power button.

While continuing my experiments I used the two remotes interchangeably for selecting menu functions, channels etc. without seeing anything that either would not respond to.

Reactions: Radioguy41
While doing some experimenting with my Coolsat 8100 and my MicroHD yesterday I discovered something which may be useful or annoying depending on your circumstances.

The remote that came with my Coolsat 8100 and the remote that came with my MicroHD appear to be functionally interchangeable. I have an 8100 set up currently, and noticed when I plugged in my MicroHD at the same location that the Coolsat was responding to the MicroHD power button.

While continuing my experiments I used the two remotes interchangeably for selecting menu functions, channels etc. without seeing anything that either would not respond to.

I was really thinking about buying a second MicroHD receiver to put by my first one, when all of a sudden my brain realized that they would both respond to the one remote...

I'm not sure there is any easy cure for this, unless Brian has a way we can reassign remote codes so they won't interfere with each other? THAT would get me to buy a second MicroHD immediately!

I have two side by side, and what I had to do was take a Slingbox and the IR blasters and on one box use electrical tape to tape on the IR blaster and cover the rest of the IR censor window. When I watch to change channels on that box I need to do it with the Slingbox remote. The amount of tape I used prevents it from changing the other MicroHD. :D

I do wish they had addressable remotes though.

While re-reading this thread this post about the Coolsat remote caught my eye. Since the factory remote for the MicroHD is so annoying and good universal remotes are fairly costly I decided to see if Ebay had any Coolsat remotes. It did but then I spotted a brand new universal FTA remote for $9.98 including shipping so I took a chance. It arrived and I entered the code for a Coolsat 8100. Lo and behold it works like a champ and the OK and arrow buttons are far enough apart now that I no longer accidently press two at once. Thanks for the headsup. :thumbup

Maybe I have overlooked something in the Micro HD manual or a previous post, but I have a couple of noob questions:

Is it possible to bump the dish with the receiver remote while still watching the channel? I mean without having to go into Menu> Antenna setup

Is there a way to view the channel listings on all Satellites without out the dish re-positioning for every Sat? It would save wear on the old actuator. Not to mention time.

Trivial stuff I know.I'm loving the Micro HD.

A funny side note: Our two mutts have not yet figured out where that humming noise is coming from when the dish turns.I've turned it a few times just to watch them go charging down the hill ready to whup butt...only to come back with that WTF look on their faces.LMAO.

Ahhh, the simple things in life.

A funny side note: Our two mutts have not yet figured out where that humming noise is coming from when the dish turns.I've turned it a few times just to watch them go charging down the hill ready to whup butt...only to come back with that WTF look on their faces.LMAO.

Ahhh, the simple things in life.
Hopefully they won't try to tackle the dish and chew it up. :)

Yesterday my wife was sewing in the room next to my Birdview with the window open. I accidentally made her almost jump out of her chair when I turned the dish! The motor and gears on that dish are quite loud.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Latest posts