Glorystar Reviews?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Cares4u

Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
You who have Glorystar . .what do you think???

Are you happy?
How is it compaired to Skyangel??

I will miss Fox News . . any news programs on Glorystar????
Blessings!

Last edited:
From what i have seen so far you can get most of the skyangel channels except a few, there are other christian channels skyangel does not have on Glorystar, I bought a fta package with motor from satelliteAV and they and lots of people on these forums have helped me through the setup, and there are lots and lots of other channels out there, I am getting abc, nbc fox etc from other parts of the country. I just got Dish family installed last week and I think i should of waited and just used the FTA. But i cant get Animal planet, hallmark,nick etc for the kids on FTA so its ok.

If you scan them in, you can receive Al Jazeera English as well as Press TV (Iranian TV news in English) with a Glorystar system.

Granted, each has their own bias, but as long as you take it with a grain of salt, I think it's great to see news from around the world.

I bought a fta package with motor from satelliteAV

GloryStar doesn't promote the motors because so many people (like me) have had problems with them. Before I bought mine, I had a professional satellite installer tell me he could install it. He was wrong. Now I have a different satellite tech coming out this week that says he has installed motors and can find the arch but it normally takes him a couple of days and two visits (and he is a professional).

I am getting set up for three receivers. I will have two on my dish with the motor. One will be the master the other the slave. I will have a third on the GloryStar dish (that will be the DVR to be available May 15). I have both dishes now and this satellite tech is going to point the Glorystar dish when he comes this week so when I buy the DVR I will just have to plug it in and it will be ready.

GloryStar doesn't promote the motors because so many people (like me) have had problems with them. Before I bought mine, I had a professional satellite installer tell me he could install it. He was wrong. Now I have a different satellite tech coming out this week that says he has installed motors and can find the arch but it normally takes him a couple of days and two visits (and he is a professional).

I am getting set up for three receivers. I will have two on my dish with the motor. One will be the master the other the slave. I will have a third on the GloryStar dish (that will be the DVR to be available May 15). I have both dishes now and this satellite tech is going to point the Glorystar dish when he comes this week so when I buy the DVR I will just have to plug it in and it will be ready.
Hopefully all will work out for you on the motor, it must be costing you a bundle to have the installer come out, I would try to learn a little bit from installer in case you need to make adjustments later on, then you can do them yourself. after running my setup for a week now i dont think i would want to do 2 TVs on one motor dish.

Couple of days and two visits? Wow! I don't do them often and the last one I snagged and tweaked in the entire arc in about an hour. If I had a Birddog it would have been faster since we wouldn't have had to wait on the blindscanning.

From what I understand, the geographical area has a lot to do with being able to find the arc. The first installer I had out had a bird dog and had installed motors on C-band dishes but never on a Ku-band. I bought some technical assistance and the second time I had him there I had him on the phone with tech support but he couldn't get the receiver to interact with the motor. That cost me about $160 for the two visits and we didn't accomplish much. The tech support cost me another $25.

This new installer has quoted me $150 to tune in both dishes and get the motor working with the receiver. He is suppose to be out to the house tomorrow.

Be all that as it is, there is a reason that GloryStar cautions against motors and doesn't provide tech support for them. If a person decides to buy one, they need to go into it with their eyes wide open and with realistic expectations.

yes i am very happy with Glorystar, I wish they would pick up GOD TV, Liberty channel, Family Net and other stations that wer on SkyAngel!

Be all that as it is, there is a reason that GloryStar cautions against motors and doesn't provide tech support for them. If a person decides to buy one, they need to go into it with their eyes wide open and with realistic expectations.

Motors are really not for the faint of heart. It does not take much for your motor to skip a beat and be off by 1 or 2 degrees. 2 degrees is the next satellite over in alot of cases! I've had to re-ZERO my motor twice. I think the typical GloryStar customer just wants to be able to flip thru the channels without concern for exactly how to motor from one to the other, or worry about why there is no signal due to motor problems, having to goto zero and back to the satellite and such trying to figure out why something isn't working and the like.

I am enjoying the glorystar setup. I have taken pointers from the forums and learned how to add channels that dont scan in. I too wished Liberty Channel was on it but guess they dont want to broadcast free. I wrote them and they said they were on another amc satellite and didnt have plans to go back to glorystar. I really do not miss Sky Angel all that much. Plan to take the old dish down and throw it out. Not really any good to me. Thanks for all the help with my system

Shane,

How did your professional install visit go? Are you able to see the arc now? I was thinking more about it and wondered if you ever checked the dish for warp?

Anyway, I hope it went well. I am less than an hour from you and will be doing my fixed install in about a month - I can't wait! :D

You who have Glorystar . .what do you think???

Are you happy?
How is it compaired to Skyangel??

I will miss Fox News . . any news programs on Glorystar????
Blessings!

I have had issues with this company & I DID call multiple times. Not only were the techs not helpful they were blasé, as though they were annoyed they had to help me. And believe me, they could care less if you get your service working or not. Why should they? They already got your money!!! Not only did I waste $250 on the equipment but I spent an additional $160 on 2 different people trying to install it. I paid them because it's not their fault this company is a scam!!! DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!! Save your money. I'm calling the BBB tomorrow to file a complaint!

I have had issues with this company & I DID call multiple times. Not only were the techs not helpful they were blasé, as though they were annoyed they had to help me. And believe me, they could care less if you get your service working or not. Why should they? They already got your money!!! Not only did I waste $250 on the equipment but I spent an additional $160 on 2 different people trying to install it. I paid them because it's not their fault this company is a scam!!! DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!! Save your money. I'm calling the BBB tomorrow to file a complaint!

It looks like Glorystar has gone down hill--the updates have stopped coming--seems Brian Gohl is no longer connected with Glorystar which is noticable-- post your problem here maybe a forum memeber can help.

I have NO connection with Glorystar or SatelliteAV. I incorrectly understood Brian's relationship with his old company. He is no longer in the discussion loop --- I think that is a safe way to put it! If he can add something or answer specifics, I am quite sure he will.--- so I hope you can get the help you need on the forums, here. If this support forum does not help you, go to the main FTA forum and ask for help with "97W and Glorystar". There are many of us here that would love to help. CT to WA is a long way for hands on help - but we will help you.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)